Author Topic: William McIntyre born approx 1820  (Read 3103 times)

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: William McIntyre born approx 1820
« Reply #9 on: Monday 24 April 17 17:08 BST (UK) »
Fair enough its up to you to decide.

But I did notice your William/Susan name a Child Jacob Johnson McIntyre.

A John BROWN married Ann JOHNSON 1837 Newcastle.

1851 Census he is born c 1815 Newcastle upon Tyne. So may be John Henry Brown 1817.

Also I jave checked all Mark William or just Mark Brown in 1851 Census and none fit 1820 pob for Mark William Brown.

I can find no Children in Northumberland or Durham for William McIntrye and Jane.

Maybe someone else can.

All the best Trish. :)

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline flower fairy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 24 April 17 17:14 BST (UK) »
Thank you Trish.
I'm not dismissing it, just need to dig around a bit more. William McINTYRES dad, James was born in 1797 in Lanark and his mum was Christian Johnson, this is where I have believed the Johnson to come from.

Once again many thanks, it may be that it always remains a mystery  ;)
Rundle, Beard, Crewes- Cornwall
Green, Tucker- Devon
Dyer, White- Somerset
Gardiner(+variants), Gibson, Watson, Patterson, Nicholson- Durham
Nicholson, Burns, Mcintyre- Northumberland
Mcintyre- Scotland

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 25 April 17 11:46 BST (UK) »
Well that is very likely where the Johnson came from.

Trish :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline penworth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James's Parents - another Burns sibling?
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 22 April 18 20:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you Trish.
I'm not dismissing it, just need to dig around a bit more. William McINTYRES dad, James was born in 1797 in Lanark and his mum was Christian Johnson, this is where I have believed the Johnson to come from.

Once again many thanks, it may be that it always remains a mystery  ;)

William's also my ancestor :) Are you sure about his father James's parents? According to old handwritten records found in a descendant's home in 1999 (as per this website: http://www.genealogy.com/ftm/s/c/h/Sheila-Schneider/WEBSITE-0001/UHP-0209.html), James's mother was a Jane, born 1767, died January 18, 1832 and buried at St. Mary's, Gateshead, Co. Durham. There is no mention of a father, though. I agree with you that there are quite a few brick walls here.

If Christian Johnson is not in fact James's mother, perhaps the Johnson comes from Susan's mother Mary's maiden name, although that does not appear consistent with how Susan and William named their other children. Speaking of the Burns side of the family, I saw Susan and brother James on familysearch.org christened in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, with father James and mother Mary, but also an Elizabeth Shipley Burns christened in 1823. Could she be another sibling? Lots of questions left... wish we had more to go on.
mcintyre, burns, bolton, sunderland, patrick, hutton, thompson, thomas, moore, homer, armstrong

Offline flower fairy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 23 April 18 14:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Penworth.

I'm sorry I have clicked on the link on your page but nothing comes up in the way of trees or photos etc. You have William as being born in Liverpool but in all the census etc he is stated to be from Newcastle. The parents names are correct as in James McIntyre and Jane Brown. Looking very quickly I have never established the date for Williams birth. Do you have the parish record for this entry along with the parents names?

By the way, it's lovely to hear from someone else doing this branch  :)

Thanks
Green, Tucker- Devon
Dyer, White- Somerset
Mcintyre- Scotland

Offline penworth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 23 April 18 22:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Penworth.

I'm sorry I have clicked on the link on your page but nothing comes up in the way of trees or photos etc. You have William as being born in Liverpool but in all the census etc he is stated to be from Newcastle. The parents names are correct as in James McIntyre and Jane Brown. Looking very quickly I have never established the date for Williams birth. Do you have the parish record for this entry along with the parents names?

By the way, it's lovely to hear from someone else doing this branch  :)

Thanks

Hi Flower Fairy!

I first accessed the website back in 2014, and at that time there were pictures. I included William's as an attachment here...hope it works. I don't know why the website shows him born in Lancashire, clearly an error. I have not been able to find a record of his birth/christening either, but I think the suggestion that he may be the Mark William Brown who was christened in 1820 with only the mother Jane Brown listed is a good one since Jane wasn't married till 1822. The date and place certainly fit. I do wonder whether James Mcintyre was William's biological or adoptive father? Did he and Jane meet in Northumberland and move together to Durham? Sorry I seem to be contributing only more questions...
mcintyre, burns, bolton, sunderland, patrick, hutton, thompson, thomas, moore, homer, armstrong

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 09:58 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat penworth.

I have had another look at this and found extra info;

Baptism;
St John the Baptist, Newcastle upon Tyne
JOHN HENRY Brown 8 Jan 1817, Mother JANE
Mother a Singlewoman, abode Gateshead****
(FreeREG)

I am very sure Mark William Brown 1820 is your man.

Jane McIntyres 1847 Death Reg has her as 57 (1790)

Trish :)

Offline flower fairy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 12:55 BST (UK) »
Oh dear, this is why I hate/love family history. So confused on this right now. Haven't even looked at this side for about 8 months.

Penworth is it actually your website? Was it your descendants house and do you still have a copy of what was written? I am never happy just assuming stuff hence never accepted Christian Johnson 100% but I think now when I have 5 minutes ( ::) ) I need to go over the tree and look at more facts.

Trish1120, thanks for this extra bit as well. Something else now to look into  ???  ;)
Green, Tucker- Devon
Dyer, White- Somerset
Mcintyre- Scotland

Offline penworth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 18:15 BST (UK) »
Thank you Trish!

I share your confusion, Flower Fairy... you are not alone!  ;) I can't say how many times I've revisited this side of the family. It isn't my website; I just happened upon it some years ago. The descendant in question appears to be Elizabeth Hughes Clark (b. 1905 d. 1985), granddaughter of William and Susan.