Author Topic: Graham family from Stapleton Cumberland  (Read 354 times)

Offline Elizabeth Mcnally Christou

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Graham family from Stapleton Cumberland
« on: Tuesday 25 April 17 12:40 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace my Graham family linage and have gone as far back as my 5 x Great grandfather David Graham born 1772 in Stapleton Cumberland. He married Sarah Blennerhasset who was from the family who owned Flimby Hall. He gave his profession as being landed proprietor in the 1851 census. I cannot seem to go any further back but I am curios to know if he was related to the nearby Grahams of Netherby. Anyone who may have information I would greatly appreciate to hear from. Thanks

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Graham family from Stapleton Cumberland
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 April 17 16:20 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.
I have not managed to find out much about David Graham other than there is a tree online that says his mother was Mary. However at his marriage which you can find on FreeREG it says married to Sarah Blennerhasset 13/1/1798 at Wigton Cumberland. He was 24 she was 26. Witnesses were Thomas Reed and Thomas Blacklock, and then there is a Register note that states that additional witnesses were William Blennerhasset and Mary Graham, now this could possibly be his mother meaning he was baseborn with no registered father. This is just a guess and she could be some other family member. I don't know if you want to go back on the Blennerhasset side, but if so there are trees online going back to the 1500's.
regards
Essex/Dorset/Berks