Author Topic: STOUT - Fair Isle  (Read 264 times)

Offline chelmick65

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
STOUT - Fair Isle
« on: Wednesday 26 April 17 09:28 BST (UK) »
Hi - I am tracing my maternal grandmothers family back and am in Fair Isle and have (I think) a very good grasp of it in Fair Isle and Shetland due to fab site http://www.bayanne.info/Shetland/ - but can only get back to Thomas STOUT b 1695 / 1700 ?? who is supposedly a teacher brought onto the Fair Isle, I can find no earlier trace or of a wife  - but have his sons Thomas b1717 and Magnus b 1720

Any help would be great - Thanks

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: STOUT - Fair Isle
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 April 17 09:39 BST (UK) »
Joining the Shetland Family History Society's an option worth considering, their journal "Coontin Kin" is quarterly & with luck, you might just find somebody on the same trail,

www.shetland-fhs.org.uk/coontin-kin

Skoosh.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline chelmick65

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: STOUT - Fair Isle
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 April 17 10:59 BST (UK) »
Skoosh

Thanks for that info