Author Topic: Is this our Susan Reeve or just a huge co-incidence?  (Read 2603 times)

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Is this our Susan Reeve or just a huge co-incidence?
« on: Wednesday 26 April 17 13:54 BST (UK) »
Robert Livermore married Susan Reeve on 20 Apr 1663 at Little Chesterford, Essex. The marriage record says they were both single but gives no information as to whether they were botp. (various transcribers give Reeve as Susan's surname, although the image is not very clear. I have posted a snip on the deciphering board for a second opinion). Assuming Reeve is correct, I have been unable to find a baptism for Susan in Lt Chesterford or any surrounding villages in the right time frame.

She and Robert had 11 children between 1663 and 1687 (24 year period), so she must have been quite young when she married. She died in 1717. 

But I have found a baptism in Chesterton, Cambs on 16 May 1645, Susana d/o Benedict Reeve. Benedict Reeve married Grace Chapman in Chesterton on 20 Mar 1633/4. According to freereg they were botp and married by licence.

Robert and Susan Livermore's children were named Susan, Robert, Thomas, Grace, James, Thomas #2, Benedict, Margaret, Daniel, Grace #2 and Frances.
If I have right Robert, his parents were Robert and Margaret and he had siblings Frances, James and Thomas, so I think the names Benedict and Grace have come from Susan's family.

Benedict Reeve was buried in Chesterton on 15 Feb 1647/8, but I can't find any trace of Grace and Susan's siblings, Francis and Marcie after this. Did they leave the area and go to Lt chesterford where Susan met Robert Livermore, or did they stay in Cambridgeshire? Please can anyone find out what happened to them and eliminate this Susan. Thanks

Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Is this our Susan Reeve or just a huge co-incidence?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 April 17 14:09 BST (UK) »
Just found two earlier children for Benedict and Grace which fills the gap between their marriage and the other three, called predictably Benedict and Grace!
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 June 18 11:12 BST (UK) »
May or may not be connected. A Thomas Reeve married Ann Button in Little Chesterford on 16 June 1681. Both single and both otp. They had several children baptised in Little Chesterford including a Grace and a Benedict. They had lots of children, last child was baptised in 1705, so would imply marriage in their twenties, so Thomas Reeve would be right generation to be Susan's nephew.

I have found a Thomas Reeve bapt Lit Chesterford 29 Mar 1733 s/o Bennet and Ann.
Is Bennet a short form of Benedict and the older brother of the Susan I found in Chesterton, Cambs.?

modified - forget last bit. I was a hundred years out - need a baptism for a Thomas about 1650 - 1660

Offline cusworth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 February 21 11:11 GMT (UK) »
hi
did you ever find out about Susan reeve, poss parents Benedict and grace, I have been searching for quite some time and this was the most logical fit, if one takes names and ages into account.
it is quite some distance to chesterford so was a little uncertain.
Livermore, Cusworth

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 19 February 21 14:05 GMT (UK) »
No I haven't got any further with this line. Chesterton and Great Chesterford are about 13 miles apart. quite a direct route along roads which have probably been there several hundred years, so it is possible.
Are you descended from the Livermores of Gt and Lt Chesterford? I have traced Maud back to James L and Grace Fourniss who married in 1802. Beyond that it is possible James was son of William L  and Sarah Lowther (married Shoreditch 19 May 1771). I think he was the William was buried 1 Jan 1817 Shoreditch age 71, which would make his birth year abt 1746. Of course age at death is only as good as the informant knows. 

Offline cusworth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 19 February 21 14:38 GMT (UK) »
I have the same line, I started with present day and have gone back from Livemore to Livermore. in little chesterford.  some of the family at the top of the tree appear in susan reeves will of 1717 so that is useful. As one can see that her son thomas is in london. her husbands will contains more information but not so much about the children.
I agree about william I have the same dates, birth in 45 shoreditch death jan. 17
today I found what may be a tenuous link with Benedict and Grace, their son thomas from 48 married an Ann button, little chesterfield, her brother william married susans daughter Margrett?
I guess we will never know for sure but I have used it in my tree as unverified. fingers crossed something else turns up. have been working on this since 2007 and still find new records.
regards
Anne Marie
Livermore, Cusworth

Offline cusworth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 19 February 21 14:39 GMT (UK) »
you have said you traced maud. maud georgina Livemore?
Livermore, Cusworth

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 19 February 21 15:17 GMT (UK) »
you have said you traced maud. maud georgina Livemore?

yes - daughter of Henry Joseph and Clara.

I have Thomas bapt 30 Dec 1673 s/o Robert L and Susanna (Reeve), married Elizabeth Patman at Littlebury 20 May 1701. Then three children baptised, Mary 1702, Ann 1703, Robert 1706.
Then nothing else for any of the family. It's a pity Susan didn't say where in London the family went to, would make it much easier!

William and Sarah (Lowther) called their first son Robert, might be significant

Offline cusworth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 19 February 21 15:40 GMT (UK) »
she is my grandmother. I worked up from her to thomas 1673 then researcher did up to susan reeve for a cousin of mine.
robert 1706 married mary warring.
 had five children,their mary b. 1737 married william kidger
two roberts that did not survive
benjamin 1749 to 1817
 I am missing william 1745/46 son robert I only have two  x  sarah, elizabeth thomas and john
belive john married sarah linthwaite
 susans thomas went to shoreditch died spitfields 1758?
Livermore, Cusworth