Author Topic: I lived in Gloucester Crescent, Camden, London died in 1963. Do you know me?  (Read 2409 times)

Offline rkdube1965

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello everyone

I had lived in Camden London around 1920 to 1935 definately. I presume, I must have been born around 1910 or so. Yes, I am talking about my previous birth. In this life I was born on 31 st May 1964. So I presume I must have died before the year 1963. I have many memories of Camden London of that time. The most important part is that I saw myself living in 41, Gloucester Crescent, Camden Town London. I don't know who lives there now.

This discovery that I have lived in Camden took four years of searching and analysing on the with the help of Google search, Google Earth, Youtube, National Railway Museum on the internet. That is another interesting thing I can narrate later. In brief I would like to tell you that I had many dreams about Camden since childhood. I did not know that it was Camden in London because in this life I live in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh India.

It is almost like a movie about 53 years long with many clips of about one to two minutes long and that too without any audio or subtitles and scattered without any sequence. So my inferences are from those clips.

As per my search I studied in Holloway school about years 1922-23 as per the information about the school uniform.

My son at the age of around 5 to 7 years studied in William Ellis school, which was established in 1937 at that location. The year could be around 1937 or after that. I judged it from the location on Google earth only. There were no big buildings in William Ellis school at that time. Perhaps that pyramid roof one story building was there at that time and no surrounding multistory buildings of school.

In yet another dream I saw myself with my father in front of a church. Perhaps my family had hosted a party there. There was a tree on the left side of the entrance. I asked my father to come in, but he insisted that he would come inside only with my father in law. I went in with other guests. But I saw my "father in law" directly coming inside. I told him that my father was waiting outside for him. He went out to meet my father. There I saw my 'father in laws' face. His eyes were also small. I saw tables for lunch with white clothes on them and guests eating on the left side of the church. I searched on Google earth as I knew by intuition that it was on a road parallel to Regent canal. It was St. Mark's church on Prince Albert road. At that time it barely looked like a church. That tree on the left side of the main gate is now no more. It was perhaps a Baptism ceremony of my child.

I just have a glimpse of my wife, she also had small eyes like her father and our son. I also see myself playing near the Eustun railway station in my dreams. Perhaps my mother worked there, I am not sure. I also see myself going inside the Nutford house. May be I had studied studied in UCL but I am not very sure.

I dot know, what my name was in my past life. Without name I can not search anything on your website. I remember having an elder sister 5 to 7 years older than me. I think I worked in the Railways Department of Britain. So It would be very kind of you if you can find out and tell me, who I was and about my family. I am desperate to meet my children and relatives, if they are somewhere.

rkdube1965

Offline Scribble1952

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: I lived in Gloucester Crescent, Camden, London died in 1963. Do you know me?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 April 17 10:34 BST (UK) »
Hello rkdube1965 😊
All the best with your search.
I am sure someone on here can help you.

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: I lived in Gloucester Crescent, Camden, London died in 1963. Do you know me?
« Reply #2 on: Friday 28 April 17 10:46 BST (UK) »
Hello and welcome to Rootschat.

I doubt whether your dreams will match up with any objective reality, but hopefully you'll find out some more about the places you mention.

Mike

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 28 April 17 11:08 BST (UK) »
I suggest you go to your local library to see if they offer access to Ancestry or take out a UK subscription and then you can check out this database there

London, England, Electoral Registers, 1832-1965

you can search by street name and year.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Galium

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 28 April 17 11:14 BST (UK) »
An interesting quest you have there.  I have to go out shortly, so don't have time to search other years, but the electoral register for Camden, Holburn and St Pancras 1953 shows the following people at 41 Gloucester Crescent;

Edith P Bond
Frederick J Bond
Louie A M Bond
William E Bond
Alfred G Gomm
Kathleen P Gomm

Electoral registers list the inhabitants alphabetically, so the order they appear in doesn't tell you anything about ages or the relationship of people to one another.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 28 April 17 11:15 BST (UK) »
I also see myself going inside the Nutford house.

Could you describe what the inside of  Nutford House looked like.  The one I'm familiar with was a hall of residence for London University. I was there in the 1960s.

Added - found that Nutford House was a mental hospital from 1916 until 1949 when U of London bought it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutford_House,_London
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 28 April 17 20:30 BST (UK) »
Yours is an interesting question, but it raises all kinds of issues - not least that some of what you are taking to be fact may not be consistent with reality. I'll mention a few things:

The most important part is that I saw myself living in 41, Gloucester Crescent, Camden Town London. I don't know who lives there now.
The 1939 Register entry for 41 Gloucester Crescent gives names, ages and occupations of the people living there then, and this may have some bearing on what you have been thinking. It can be viewed on the FindMyPast website, but their Terms and Conditions do not allow me to give any details here.

My son at the age of around 5 to 7 years studied in William Ellis school, which was established in 1937 at that location. The year could be around 1937 or after that.
The William Ellis School is a secondary school, which would take pupils from the age of approximately 11 years old.

...I searched on Google earth as I knew by intuition that it was on a road parallel to Regent canal. It was St. Mark's church on Prince Albert road. At that time it barely looked like a church. That tree on the left side of the main gate is now no more.
This is very hard to verify, and of course, we don't know what you saw in your dream. St Mark's was very badly damaged during World War 2, and did not reopen in its current form until 1957. In the meantime, a few parts of the old building and a temporary building in the grounds were used. I haven't been able to find any pictures of either the pre-WW2 church or the temporary buildings for you to compare with what you "saw".

Possibly the biggest problem with this whole question, though, is that in the UK we don't really have the spiritual or philosophical background to know how to handle it. The Judaeo-Christian basis of the British way of life does not incorporate any notion of reincarnation (yes, it teaches that the soul is immortal, but then after death it exists only in a spiritual realm and does not return to another physical body), and although quite a significant number of people say they nevertheless believe in reincarnation, I suspect that it's a kind of wishful thinking for themselves alone, and they haven't really thought through the implications of the reincarnation of others.

You say
I am desperate to meet my children and relatives, if they are somewhere
but I think for most of us, if we were on the receiving end of that, it would be a very unsettling experience. My grandmother died when I was 12, and if a woman about 11 years younger than me were to appear and claim to be her, I would, I think, be rather freaked out, and think that she was suffering some kind of delusion. I don't think I'm unusual in this.

So if you do find any kind of success in your quest, do please bear that in mind. What you believe to be the case may well not be shared by others, and even to make contact runs the risk of hurting and upsetting them, and subsequently rejection for you.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 29 April 17 08:26 BST (UK) »
A couple more thoughts on this:

First, why do you want to meet the people you think are your relatives? If someone contacted me with a story such as yours, as well as being somewhat sceptical about the whole thing, I think I'd be wondering what you hoped to get out of it.

Second, if it is essentially a search for living people, then that's beyond the scope of RootsChat, and risks breaching this site's terms and conditions. See here for more information: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=261434.0
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 29 April 17 09:49 BST (UK) »
The op was back online here earlier this morning but didn't reply to our comments so may I suggest we don't post anything else until we've had the courtesy of a reply to our suggestions and speculations.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea