Author Topic: I lived in Gloucester Crescent, Camden, London died in 1963. Do you know me?  (Read 2400 times)

Offline Scribble1952

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: I lived in Gloucester Crescent, Camden, London died in 1963. Do you know me?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 29 April 17 10:52 BST (UK) »
The op was back online here earlier this morning but didn't reply to our comments so may I suggest we don't post anything else until we've had the courtesy of a reply to our
suggestions and speculations.

Why I ask my self ?

Online Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: I lived in Gloucester Crescent, Camden, London died in 1963. Do you know me?
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 29 April 17 11:02 BST (UK) »
The op was back online here earlier this morning but didn't reply to our comments so may I suggest we don't post anything else until we've had the courtesy of a reply to our suggestions and speculations.

Very sensible advice.

Offline Lydart

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 29 April 17 12:26 BST (UK) »
(Just to verify for the op .... that 'OP' is used here as 'Original Poster' .... in this case,  rkdube1965 )
Dorset/Wilts/Hants: Trowbridge Williams Sturney/Sturmey Prince Foyle/Foil Hoare Vincent Fripp/Frypp Triggle/Trygel Adams Hibige/Hibditch Riggs White Angel Cake 
C'wall/Devon/France/CANADA (Barkerville, B.C.): Pomeroy/Pomerai/Pomroy
Som'set: Clark(e) Fry
Durham: Law(e)
London: Hanham Poplett
Lancs/Cheshire/CANADA (Kelowna, B.C. & Sask): Stubbs Walmesley

WRITE LETTERS FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS TO TREASURE ... EMAILS DISAPPEAR !

Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 29 April 17 13:55 BST (UK) »
He's been given quite a lot to think about, so he's probably doing just that before rushing into any replies.
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline rkdube1965

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 30 April 17 07:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks to everyone for the overwhelming response. I will give the answers in details later because there are so many questions which have to be answered properly. But be assured I am not contacting anyone of my past life relative. I will always wait for ' the yellow ribbon round the old oak tree, its been 53 long years...' My apologies for not responding earlier.

Offline rkdube1965

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 03 May 17 09:53 BST (UK) »
Sorry for the delay.

Language has got its limitations. By the word "dream" we mostly feel that it is a weird imagination. In fact dreams are of three types. First kind of dreams appears to be foolish, but they are very much related to our subconscious mind. Second kinds of dreams are actually "Past Life memories" and the third kind is "Future memories". All of us dream these three kinds of dreams but very few can distinguish them. I was fortunate enough to distinguish them, thanks to "Google Earth".

Now as far as William Ellis school is concerned,  it is true that they induct pupils above 11 years of age. But that may not be the case when it was opened in 1937. Is there a documentary proof?

I told you about three places only,  1. William Ellis school 2. Holloway school and 3. St Marks church. That is because, they may have the record in relation to the persons living on that particular house in Gloucester Crescent.

I also had other past life memories which I did not mention because they can not be verified. Some of them are:-

1. I as a child around ten years age, saw myself playing around the Euston Lodge and the main Euston station running between these two many times. The lady gate keeper was angry with me and shouted at me and said the door is closed now. I remember her face. Her eyes were like Mrs. Margaret Thatcher ( former PM). Can anyone verify her. May be her descendents can.

2. The lady gate keeper at the Charing Cross railway station was a bit fat and aged and she could barely stand for a long time. A wooden chair was always there at the entrance where she would relax with her legs wide apart. Can anyone verify that? The year may be around 1915.

3. At the junction of the Oval Road and Gloucester Crescent, there is a cylindrical building. A lady on the eastern side of this building lived on the uppermost or just below the uppermost apartment. She had, at least, two daughters. The family used to wave at me whenever I returned home. Can anyone verify that family?

4. The house in which I lived on Gloucester Crescent, there was some issue related to birds or bird's nest. Some neighborhood boy used to go to our roof without informing us and did some kind of mischief there. I remember getting angry with my mother and asked her what this boy is doing on our roof?  I have many memories of that.

5. I remember three children waving at me from a building on "Lyme Terrace" near Regent canal when I was passing by. I hope it was the same building in my past life.

6. As a child, I remember a young lady teacher, who lived in a colony that was in front of the back side of St Marks church. We used to go to our house. But I cant remember the address because the buildings have changed.

The list is very big.

Now ok. I am a "root", so what is wrong in finding about my "stem" or "leaves". Unfortunately there is no such website as "Stemchat" or "Leafchat". What is this "rootchat" all about? And tell me what if some 'Mr. X', who is searching for his Great Grand Father on this website, and he actually comes to meet him on a Time Machine. Will Mr. X greet him or just kick him out? Please answer.

Online nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 03 May 17 10:12 BST (UK) »
" Now as far as William Ellis school is concerned,  it is true that they induct pupils above 11 years of age. But that may not be the case when it was opened in 1937. Is there a documentary proof? "

History of William Ellis School:

http://www.williamellis.camden.sch.uk/page/?pid=151
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 03 May 17 10:17 BST (UK) »
Sorry for the delay.

Language has got its limitations. By the word "dream" we mostly feel that it is a weird imagination. In fact dreams are of three types. First kind of dreams appears to be foolish, but they are very much related to our subconscious mind. Second kinds of dreams are actually "Past Life memories" and the third kind is "Future memories". All of us dream these three kinds of dreams but very few can distinguish them. I was fortunate enough to distinguish them, thanks to "Google Earth".

Using the word "fact" in a context such as this doesn't make any of it true.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 03 May 17 10:44 BST (UK) »
Rootschat is a forum for researching our ancestors, where we can all learn and help each other understand the many different resources to trace our family trees. It really isn't a forum for the type of research you are doing.

As we not be able to help further, you may want to enquire here

https://www.camden.gov.uk/ccm/navigation/leisure/libraries-and-online-learning-centres/local-history/

As you do not know the names of the people you are researching, then the best source for this are the electoral registers which are compiled by street address and published every year. The registers record both men and women after 1928 who are over 21 and eligible to vote in elections. You seem to have a definite idea of where these people were living.

As I mentioned in my previous post, the electoral registers can be found on the Ancestry website but you need a subscription to see the results. If you don't have a subscription, try your local library as many of them subscribe.

The marriage registers for St Mark's church, Regents Park upto 1921 and baptisms upto 1906 can aslo be found at Ancestry.

There is also the 1939 register which was compiled at the start of WW2 so that people could be issued with identity and ration cards.

This is searchable by name or street at FindMyPast. It is free to search but you need a subscription to view the results. There are 153 results for Gloucester Crescent.

Only people who were born before 1916 are listed, those born after 1916 but whose names appear have been proven to be deceased. This 100 year rule has been imposed by our National Archives in keeping with their data protection policies.

Please do not ask us to do specific look-ups from subscription sites as that breaks the rules here.

We also have a 'no living people' policy which means we cannot name peole who are potentially still alive. If you are looking for children who were alive in the 1930's they could still be alive.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea