Author Topic: Doris Martha Allamby. b.1900 Northcote Melbourne  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Tassel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Doris Martha Allamby. b.1900 Northcote Melbourne
« Reply #9 on: Friday 28 April 17 13:47 BST (UK) »
Raylen. Still trying to get head around what you said. Tassel.

Offline Tassel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 28 April 17 14:40 BST (UK) »
Essie.
 Apology. You were correct Doris Parker did marry Clifford Bruce Pavey in 1934. Vic BDM has both Clifford Bruce Perry as well as Clifford Bruce Pavey.
As Raylen says Clifford Bruce Pavey b. 1911 is buried with Dorothy M. Pavey d.1974,  at Fawkner Cemetery. This Dorothy M. Pavey is the daughter of James Allanby and Jane Moss.
   William Bond Pavey b. 1907 is Clifford's brother. So William Bond Pavey did marry Elva May Allamby
and Clifford married Dorothy M. who is Doris Martha (Allamby) Parker and changed her name like Essie put forth. And now it seems straight forward even though you have led me by the nose to get there. Plus you have done my head in as a newby. regards Tassel.
Essie. How did you come up with Dorothy Marie Pavey when i did not mention a Pavey.

Offline Raylen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 28 April 17 22:44 BST (UK) »
Tassel,

Glad we could help to eventually sort this out for you.

Essie. How did you come up with Dorothy Marie Pavey when i did not mention a Pavey.

You can search Victorian BDM using parents names only by clicking on the "show more search options" on this page.
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01k0c/

Raylen

Tuck-Baydon,Wiltshire
Woolford-Hampshire
Christie-Stirling

Offline Essie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 29 April 17 02:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Tassel

RE...Essie. How did you come up with Dorothy Marie Pavey when I did not mention a Pavey.

Simply searched death records using just the mother's name. Also checked sibling birth records to see if there was a Dorothy but of course there wasn't. I was not surprised with the name change as my g.g.grandmother was named Dorothea but known as Doris.

Essie