Author Topic: My relative Queen Elizabeth and I  (Read 4033 times)

Offline BradMajors

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
My relative Queen Elizabeth and I
« on: Saturday 29 April 17 04:36 BST (UK) »
After 15 years of research I have been able to trace my ancestry back to King Henry I of England https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_I_of_England.  The evidence I have collected is pretty strong.

1) How many persons would have to die before I would get my opportunity to be the King of Britain?
2) Since King Henry's ancestry can be traced back to Charlemagne, does that mean that my genealogy research is finished?
3) Should I add my kinswoman Queen Elizabeth to my Christmas card mailing list?

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: My relative Queen Elizabeth and I
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 April 17 05:14 BST (UK) »
1) How many persons would have to die before I would get my opportunity to be the King of Britain?
2) Since King Henry's ancestry can be traced back to Charlemagne, does that mean that my genealogy research is finished?
3) Should I add my kinswoman Queen Elizabeth to my Christmas card mailing list?

1.  It depends on how many persons die between now and whenever you ascend to the throne.
2.  No, you can always rely on submitted trees to have hints to fanciful genealogical style family trees for you to consider if they are as reliable as the research outcomes you have already gathered.
3.  Before adding anyone to your existing Christmas card mailing list, you may need to consider if you have sufficient spare funds to divert from your genealogical research quests to such mundane expenditures such as a) card and b) postage.   

:)  :)  :)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 April 17 07:39 BST (UK) »
Join the club and the queue.  :P

I shouldn't bother with the Christmas card. I think it would get lost among the other millions of cards sent to HM that probably just get recycled, unread.

Yes, that is the end of your research on that branch but you must have other branches to work on.  :)

;D

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 29 April 17 07:39 BST (UK) »
"Who Do You Think You Are" Magazine estimated the numbers of people related to Edward III as in excess of 4 million! ::)

Think you have a long wait to be crowned?!
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline mike175

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 29 April 17 08:39 BST (UK) »
Assuming there are probably at least 30 generations between you and Henry there could theoretically be around 1 billion individual ancestors of yours living at that time. However there may not have been that many people on the planet and a more realistic estimate, allowing for cousin marriages, etc. seems to be more like 1 million (opinions may vary). Should be enough to keep anyone busy for a lifetime of genealogy.

Let us know when you have traced them all  ;D

Mike
Baskervill - Devon, Foss - Hants, Gentry - Essex, Metherell - Devon, Partridge - Essex/London, Press - Norfolk/London, Stone - Surrey/Sussex, Stuttle - Essex/London, Wheate - Middlesex/Essex/Coventry/Oxfordshire/Staffs, Gibson - Essex, Wyatt - Essex/Kent

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 29 April 17 08:59 BST (UK) »
I hope I'm not related to the monarchy there's enough skeletons in my family's closet ;D

Blue

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 29 April 17 13:35 BST (UK) »
Who was the father of Edward III for a start? so his claim & yours, could be bogus!  ;D

Skoosh.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 02 May 17 00:19 BST (UK) »
I hope I'm not related to the monarchy there's enough skeletons in my family's closet ;D

Blue

;D ;D :D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 02 May 17 08:34 BST (UK) »
Unless our Brad is descended from Mary Queen of Scots he can never be King of Britain, even supposing the Black Death comes back. England possibly? but Scotland nae chance!!

Skoosh.