Author Topic: Francis Dansey 1805-1825 died at the Infantry Hospital, New Windsor HELP please!  (Read 710 times)

Offline DLPublic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
I have a transcript (from FindMyPast) for the burial of Francis Dansey, Grenadier Guards, who died in the Infantry Hospital at New Windsor in 1825, aged 20 (buried at St. John the Baptist on 26 Jan).

It is possible this is the same Francis who was baptised at Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire on 21 Jul 1805 (parents Francis Danzey & Deborah née Barnett).

However, having searched TNA, Findmypast and Ancestry, I am unable to find any further military (or other) records for him.  Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction?

Dave

Offline terryjd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Dansey 1805-1825 died at the Infantry Hospital, New Windsor HELP please!
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 09:58 BST (UK) »
Not quite the answer that you want Dave, but I have a fairly extensive Dansey database and I do not have anyone that would fit the bill. I have the entry for Francis that you have with his death at that date.

Regards - Terry

Offline DLPublic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Dansey 1805-1825 died at the Infantry Hospital, New Windsor HELP please!
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 10:27 BST (UK) »
Terry, if you do not have a DanSey that fits then it is more likely my DanZey is the correct person.
BTW - are you the same Terry that runs 'Dansey dot net'?
Dave

Offline terryjd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 10:37 BST (UK) »
'Tis I so my Leicestershire info would have come from your goodself.

I just thought that knowing there was nobody with the "sey" spelling (as far as I know) you could concentrate on the others.

Did they have sign up papers in those days?