Author Topic: Kelly Family Blind Street Tipperary 1901, Dillon Street Tipperary c1904 onwards.  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Lavender

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone could help with information on the Kelly Family who moved from Ballinasloe to Blind Street in Tipperary in about 1898, and from Blind Street to Dillon Street in about 1904.

I have the 1901 and 1911 census information for them.

I also have birth certificates for most of them.

And can account for Patrick (d 1911), Hannah (d 1916), Michael (d 1904), Denis (d 1906), Joseph (d 1916), Agnes (d 1904), Catherine - Katie (d 1920). 

However I cannot account for Margaret (alive in 1916), Anna, Bridget, Thomas, Mary and Jane Frances.  And also a possible Elizabeth (Lizzie) who was mentioned in the death notice of Joseph in 1916.

If anyone has any information please, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Don't know his age so

Death of JOSEPH KELLY in 1916
Group Registration ID   5489312
SR District/Reg Area   Dublin North
Deceased Age at Death   59
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1916/05253/4456292.pdf

Death of JOSEPH KELLY in 1916
Group Registration ID   5534802
SR District/Reg Area   Dublin North
Deceased Age at Death   46

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1916/05230/4448397.pdf
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
"....cannot account for Margaret (alive in 1916), Anna, Bridget, Thomas, Mary and Jane Frances....."

How old were they?

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
have you looked for Marriages for Jane for example?

Marriage results for Jane Kelly from 1920 to 1930
Area - Dublin

Displaying results 1 - 18 of 18. irishgenealogy  http://www.rootschat.com/links/01k0l/

adjust years as needed to fit her age

Offline Lavender

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Thank you both.

I have all of the census records available.

The children were between 11 and late teens at the time.   Jane would only have been about 11 when her Dad died, 16 when her Mum died.  Maggie and Katie were in Dillon Street in 1919 at the time of Katie's death (realised I made an error in my initial post).

Joseph Kelly died in the US in 1916.

I've looked for marriage records for all of them.  I've gone through Irish Genealogy.ie  I've tried Find my Past  I've tried Family Search.org 

Finding Joseph's death was a simple google - I found a small obituary which mentioned his Mum and a sister Lizzie.  Lizzie didn't appear in any of the census documentation.  And I didn't find her birth either in Ballinasloe or Tipperary.  But on the other hand, their Hannah (their Mum)  didn't register them all on time.  So I can't dismiss a Lizzie either, considering in the 1911 Census Hannah stated she had given birth to 12 children, 8 of whom were still alive.    And I know three died between 1904 and 1906.

Unfortunately, this isn't a simple search.  I am probably looking for someone who is tracing back.   Without the 1926 Census, I don't know if they emigrated or not.  But I'm guessing they probably did.