Author Topic: Elizabeth Wright (nee Jermyn) born circa 1806  (Read 741 times)

Offline jeffery1_6

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Wright (nee Jermyn) born circa 1806
« on: Sunday 30 April 17 22:42 BST (UK) »
I'm hoping someone maybe able to help me please.

I'm trying to find the parents and or siblings of Elizabeth Jermyn. According to the various census, she was born in Hopton, Suffolk around 1806, as was her husband Henry Wright (b. 1805 Hopton). However, as they married in Great Yarmouth on  April 4th, 1827 I was wondering if she may have actually originated from that area? A Henry Jermyn and a Mary Ann Jermyn were witnesses at the wedding.

Elizabeth and her husband Henry lived in Hopton and had 5 children.

I'm having trouble finding any baptismal or birth info for Elizabeth. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Wright (nee Jermyn) born circa 1806
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 May 17 03:13 BST (UK) »
Some Suffolk Jermyns were Roman Catholic.  Is it possible that Elizabeth was too?  If so, you may not find a record of her baptism.

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 May 17 04:23 BST (UK) »
On the 1841 it says Henry born 1807 and Elizabeth 1810, they have 4 children then. Henry is an Agri labourer. Also on the same page is a John Wright b 1791 and his wife Elizabeth b 1794, are these Henry's parents?

Offline jeffery1_6

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 May 17 10:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your responses.
I'm not sure on Elizabeth's religion. However, there are records for her children's baptisms. I hadn't realised there weren't records if individuals were Catholic?

I haven't been able to verify Henrys parents via records either so can't be certain about the neighbours John and Elizabeth Wright being his parents. There seems to be quite a few Wrights in the area. His children's names were James, Robert, Elizabeth, Henry and Benjamin. Other than Elizabeth which is also their mothers name, there doesn't appear to be any commonality in the first names. John and Elizabeth seem to have children named Ann, Charles and what looks like Ellen or Helen?