Author Topic: HENRY SPENCER, Esq.,b.c.1713, of THORPE (Surrey),m. Ann LEIGH  (Read 3482 times)

Offline Vienna Spencer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HENRY SPENCER, Esq.,b.c.1713, of THORPE (Surrey),m. Ann LEIGH
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 04 May 17 22:09 BST (UK) »
HI Rosie,

You ask:  just being curious, have you managed to link these Spencers directly to yours  :)

NO, not yet, but it's getting there. I need to be able to bring Henry Spencer back far enough To link him to whom i believe he attaches to. But we shall see.

From him, on down to the Spencers of today i have found of his line, they all possess the particular looks, traits, of "our" line (just as Every family has those "specific" looks/personas,etc. that "dis- tinguish" them from other lines w/same last names but not blood-related).

Anyway it's a Fun search, if nothing else. DNA some day will prove my theories at any rate, but it's hard to get folks to do the simple, painless, inexpensive (male) y-line genetic surname marker DNA test. People don't realize it's "private'---no identifying names used (just a kit #), it does Not test anything Other than your surname markers (no health stuff,no paternity stuff, etc.). And they de- stroy the remaining DNA after the test--it's Not kept on file for any reason at all. So maybe one day when people are more educated about it, it will be a no-brainer to do this, so as to "place" oneself w/in a greater context of one's genetic family, and allow one to find other blood cousins, as well as connect-up with family who Do have paperwork oneself lacks!

Ok all for now,

Vienna Spencer

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 05 May 17 12:22 BST (UK) »
I really hope that you manage to tie him in.  It is fun doing one name studies  ;D

As for DNA more people do need to do it for it to be worthwhile but I am in no hurry to do it for my family, maybe one day.

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Vienna Spencer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 06 May 17 05:15 BST (UK) »
thanks Rosie for your comments. Yes, someday DNA will be a regular thing that most will do....i live in "hope" 'til that day! :  )

Vienna (no reply needed, unless u Really want to....haha)

Offline millenniumgarden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 20 February 20 20:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello Vienna,

Did you ever get to the end of your Spencer family line?

If not, please let me know how far you've got.

A distant cousin of mine has just sent me a branch of our family tree containing Spencer and Leigh families going back to Charlemain, King of the Franks, 768-814.

Kind regards,

Howard

Offline Vienna Spencer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 20 February 20 22:46 GMT (UK) »
Wow, Howard!

I would ADORE Seeing the info your cousin sent you on the Spencer & Leigh families, going back to ANYWHERE before the 1700s!!!-as I have NOT  been able to locate much of Anything, due non-existent or not-yet-scanned/published records!!

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Thanks so much,

Take Care,

Vienna (Spencer)

Offline millenniumgarden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 21 February 20 10:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello Vienna,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Since my message to you, I have discovered that the information my cousin has sent me is in fact his copyright and is not in the public domain.

This being so, as he has employed a professional company to do the ancestry research and to publish the results in his name.

To pass this information on, I would need to get his permission.

At present he is unavailable and I cannot contact him.

However, I understand from the research company that if permission were granted, copies could be made available to you for £15 for a PDF copy or £25 for a bound copy.

As the work covers several individual families, I'm not sure at this stage whether these are the prices for individual families or for the whole of the research work. I suspect it's just for each individual family.

Please leave this with me for a few days and I'll talk to my cousin about it when he's next available.

If permission is not forthcoming, I may still be able to steer you in right direction to get you started.

Please bear with me for a few days.

Kind regards,

Howard

Offline Vienna Spencer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 21 February 20 19:31 GMT (UK) »
No problem, Howard, just let me know. I would be fine with paying.
Thank you for your help.
Take Care,
Vienna (Spencer)

Offline LydiaSpencerOwen

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 20 November 20 13:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Vienna,

I was wondering if you managed to get any further with the Spencer family name. Henry Spencer would have been my 6th Great Grandfather and I am also trying to find the origin of the Spencer family name - finding anything after him is very difficult!

Hope all is well.
Kindest Regards
Lydia