Author Topic: Parish Register Baptism  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Register Baptism
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 May 17 08:18 BST (UK) »
Six other children baptised to Hananiah and Ann, and 8 in total to Hananiah and Sarah.
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 02 May 17 08:19 BST (UK) »
Marriage at Llanegwad of Hananiah Moses to Anne John on 16 Feb 1775 :)
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 02 May 17 15:19 BST (UK) »
Baptisms to Hanania(h) and Sara(h):
Elizabeth 28 Feb 1812 at Llanegwad
Anne 22 Jun 1814 at Llanegwad
John 30 Oct 1816 at Llangathen
Harry 24 Oct 1819 at Llangathen
David 5 May 1822 at Llangathen
Mary 26 Jun 1825 at Llangathen
Thomas 1 Jan 1828 at Llanegwad
William 7 Feb 1832 at Llanegwad

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 02 May 17 15:23 BST (UK) »
Baptisms to Han(n)aniah and Ann(e), all at Llanegwad:
John 4 Dec 1775
Thomas Jones 19 March 1778
David 25 Jun 1780
Mary 20 July 1783
Abigail 1 April 1786
Hannaniah 15 Feb 1789
William 9 May 1793

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 02 May 17 15:33 BST (UK) »
Burials:
Hanania, born 1747, buried at Llanegwad on 21 Jan 1833, aged 86 (of Rhywlas)

There is an Anne Moses, buried at Llanegwad on 14 July 1832, aged 80, of Rhywlas (but as it doesn't mention husband / widow etc it may not be Hanania's wife).

Offline newbie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 02 May 17 19:56 BST (UK) »
Hello Tazzie and Deirdre

Thank you so much for all your help.  Thats amazing lots of new information.  Im sure I am on the right track.  David lists his birthplace as Llangathen in one census, Hill Town in another, 
I haven't found his marriage to Elizabeth yet, but their children Henry and Sarah are with them in the 1861 census. Henry is my great-grandfather.  I just need to make sure this is my David.

Many thanks,
Pauline
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 02 May 17 22:22 BST (UK) »
David appears to be married to a Margaret in 1851 (HO107, Piece number 2459, Folio 722, Page 5), born Llangathen, living in High St, Vainor, Merthyr Tydfil, with a daughter Mary aged 2.

But then with Elizabeth in 1861 and 1871 at 12 Hill Street, Vaynor.

Do you have Henry's birth certificate to find his mother's maiden name. And where he was born? There are children Henry and Sarah born in Merthyr Tydfil district to a mother with a maiden name Davies, and a Mary in 1849.

A possible marriage for David Moses to Elizabeth Martin in Dec quarter 1857 in Merthyr district. Maybe the children were all born to David and Margaret?

Offline newbie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 03 May 17 08:53 BST (UK) »
Hello
Thanks,  Yes I found David with Elizabeth in 1861 and 1871, but not earlier.  I don't have Henrys birth certificate as I have not found a registration for him. Its complicated because he marries a Sarah Thomas but I have not found the marriage, his daughter (and others) are born in USA, so the marriage may have taken place there (there is a tree on Anc. that lists the marriage taking place in Pennsylvania but I don't have access to the worldwide records to check/verify only the UK) but the family return to Wales and appear together in 1891.  Henry is not found on the census for 1881 . So I also do not have a birth certificate for his daughter Margaret who was born in USA - my mother always said her mother was born in America - which kick started my research.
There is also another tree on Anc. which would appear to list David above son of Hannaniah in a completely different tree? so I must look at that again I do realise that using other information in trees is not good research but it could help eliminate other Davids.  I never include information in my tree that I cannot prove. So Henry is crucial to my research but so is his father David  and mother Elizabeth? as they are a direct line.
Sorry for the ramble!   Thanks for all the help.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 03 May 17 13:25 BST (UK) »
Well there are possible births for:

Henry, mother Davies, Sep quarter 1852, Merthyr Tydfil district, vol 11a page 255

Sarah, mother Davies, March quarter 1856, Merthyr Tydfil district, vol 11a page 309.

These match the children on the 1861.

There is also a birth registered in Merthyr Tydfil in the Sep 1849 quarter, of Mary, mother Davies, vol 26 page 449. This matches the 1851 census for David and Margaret with 2 year old Mary.

This could indicate the marriage in Merthyr Tydfil in the Sep quarter of 1847 of David Moses and Margaret Davies, vol 26 page 527.