Author Topic: John Pryor great dalby  (Read 1296 times)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Pryor great dalby
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 04 May 17 02:30 BST (UK) »
Hi again, Steve the reason I have pointed out another John Pryor b Great Maltby b c 1840/2 in 1861, is to show you yes indeed they were both unmarried, so the only way to find out which is which is to locate just who the father was of the one who married Jane Hartshorn?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 04 May 17 03:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Jennifer
Thanks very much for your answer as well my mums cousion was surprised by this he being a cowman .she said better then being a common lab .johns dau Sarah I have a photo of she small dark hair ,mum took after her as do I .dads side my brothers are taller then me .her husband was a Sargent in the Leicestershire regiment he was in Egypt .he was also a driver ,he got into some trouble out there and got put into jail .for fighting they stopped his money ,I have  his war records ,before he whent in the army he was a chimney sweep ,he said he'd fell 40 foot down a chimney hurting his knee so that's why he had to come home .he became a shoe maker . Sara worked at barkby grange ,then for Mr Mrs mason in their pub in Nottingham which is a museum now  .every time my brothers are here they make me look like a mouse but I'm proud that I found out about our family .family history throws up some funny things ,and makes relies were you come from and who you take after.dads families village is a Saxon village .my dads mum her family came from Nottingham they were lace makers .also fish mongers ,fruit seller ,her husband was a tv / radio repair man ..and a good fisher man their both gone now I still miss them Christmas isn't the same .my gran loved horse betting shed win quite a bit .i can't talk to them about family stuff so have had to do this on my own .my mums family took me to some real places and found out about them who they worked for .my grandads brother worked for lady ferrier at Staunton Harold house  now garden center he worked in the walled garden which then was being used for soldiers who were being brought home to get well they grew food then no wonder I like gardens .
Ste

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 04 May 17 03:04 BST (UK) »
Ok mate I will get the bag out Tomorrow and have a look at his for you will let you know .
Ste

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 04 May 17 03:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve problem you have got is at present I cannot locate the marriage of John Pryor to Jane Hartshorn c 1868, by trial and error I found her birth registration as Jane Hartshorn September qtr 1846 Oakham Union v15 page 677 mmn Woodfield, this then led me to a potential marriage of a Robert Hartshorne to a Sarah Woodfield September qtr 1843 Leicester, in 1851 census they along with Jane aged 4 are in Barkby, Barrow upon Soar, the only concern is that in later returns Jane gives b 1847 Oakham, Rutland?!
Keyboard
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 05 July 17 14:45 BST (UK) »
hi Jennifer
thanks for letting me know about farm town and this beaumont family .
steve