Author Topic: Isabella Heron born 1924 in New Cumnock  (Read 3566 times)

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
Re: [Help Request]Scottish Ancestry
« Reply #9 on: Friday 05 May 17 17:40 BST (UK) »
The short answer to your question is YES.

They hold all Scottish records from 1855 when it became mandatory to register all births, deaths and marriages. Prior to that date they hold the surviving Old Parish Registers.

Just go to  www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk  and it will explain it all to you.

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline KatieJJones

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 05 May 17 17:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much to all of you. Was just checking as I can't find one person but I'm going to keep looking. Thanks again!
Brady, Carrington, Cox, Dunham, Everill, Few, Hartland, Johnson, Jones, Neep, Sanders, Walker, Ward and Wilding

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 05 May 17 17:49 BST (UK) »
Who is the person you can't find, and when?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline KatieJJones

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 05 May 17 19:40 BST (UK) »
Who is the person you can't find, and when?

I am looking for Thomas Mcaughtrie. He was born in 1827 and I'm unable to find his death registration.
Brady, Carrington, Cox, Dunham, Everill, Few, Hartland, Johnson, Jones, Neep, Sanders, Walker, Ward and Wilding

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 05 May 17 19:52 BST (UK) »
There is a death in 1892 for a Thomas McAughtrie age 65 in Irvine, Ayrshire.

This is from the Scotlands People index.

Could this be who you are looking for ?

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline KatieJJones

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 05 May 17 20:13 BST (UK) »
There is a death in 1892 for a Thomas McAughtrie age 65 in Irvine, Ayrshire.

This is from the Scotlands People index.

Could this be who you are looking for ?

Dorrie

Looks about right thank you :)

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
Re: Isabella Heron born 1924 in New Cumnock
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 06 May 17 11:26 BST (UK) »
Forfarian, and Katie - I have been just reading this thread with great interest, as I have a Heron/Connection - my grandfather was a McAughtrie, from New Cumnock, and one of his sisters, Isabella, married a Heron.  I think I have her in a family photo as well, and I'm more than happy to share what I have, possibly a marriage cert as well.

I'll have to go to my private tree on Ancestry in the morning to check on the details for you, but I'll be in touch again as soon as I can, I have a crowd coming for lunch tomorrow, so will probably be later on in the day, so watch this space!  I'm up late tonight, so the brain's a bit fuzzy right now.

I'll also look through the many other Thomas McAughtries in my tree in that timeframe, make sure I give you the right one!

If you could PM Me your email address, I will be able to send you an invitation to view the tree if I can find the right entry and certs.

Cheers
Jeanne

Modified to add,  sorry, I got the dates wrong, it must be another one of my Thomas  McAughtries. I'll have a more thorough check through my certs in the morning. All the McAughtries pretty well stuck to the Scottish naming patterns of naming the first born son after the father, and there are loads of cousins to each other with the names Thomas McAughtrie. 
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

Offline KatieJJones

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 07 May 17 18:53 BST (UK) »
Forfarian, and Katie - I have been just reading this thread with great interest, as I have a Heron/Connection - my grandfather was a McAughtrie, from New Cumnock, and one of his sisters, Isabella, married a Heron.  I think I have her in a family photo as well, and I'm more than happy to share what I have, possibly a marriage cert as well.

I'll have to go to my private tree on Ancestry in the morning to check on the details for you, but I'll be in touch again as soon as I can, I have a crowd coming for lunch tomorrow, so will probably be later on in the day, so watch this space!  I'm up late tonight, so the brain's a bit fuzzy right now.

I'll also look through the many other Thomas McAughtries in my tree in that timeframe, make sure I give you the right one!

If you could PM Me your email address, I will be able to send you an invitation to view the tree if I can find the right entry and certs.

Cheers
Jeanne

Modified to add,  sorry, I got the dates wrong, it must be another one of my Thomas  McAughtries. I'll have a more thorough check through my certs in the morning. All the McAughtries pretty well stuck to the Scottish naming patterns of naming the first born son after the father, and there are loads of cousins to each other with the names Thomas McAughtrie.

Sounds absolutely intriguing! I cna't wait!

I've managed to get back too 1670-ish right now but now records are running incredibly low now

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 08 May 17 11:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Katie!  Does the following search result make sense to you??

ISABELLA MCAUGH
ALLAN
WILLIAM MORGAN
608/ 1
New Cumnock

On checking my records and a family photo and searching at Scotland's People, I have confirmed that Sarah Cowan McAughtrie was my McAughtrie Grandad's sister, (the daughter of Thomas Cowan McAughtrie and Mary Houston),  born in Kilmours Ayrshire, who was married to a Heron, ( I have Sarah's birth certificate) and the family photo also shows that their sister Isabella (known as Bella) was married to a McEwan)

I have also found what appears to be the Heron McAughtrie Marriage search result on SP, and have ordered it, as I'm thinking this will be helpful for me anyway. I haven't been able to view the full record on SP.

Certificate: Statutory Marriages (551961, HERON, ISABELLA MCAUGH,1958, Female, 608/ 1)

ISABELLA MCAUGH
ALLAN
WILLIAM MORGAN
608/ 1
New Cumnock

As soon as I receive the full cert, I will send you a copy, of the photos and what certs I have in this regard, so if you could PM me your email address that would be great.  I can send you the family photo as soon as I have your email address.

I hope this makes sense - my brain is totally fried yet again, and I need to sleep!  🤔🤔😄😄

Finger crossed I'm on the right track for you! 

Jeanne 🌺

"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections