Author Topic: Ada Beatrice Aylott. And Harry Palfrey  (Read 2181 times)

Offline BUZZ

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ada Beatrice Aylott. And Harry Palfrey
« on: Saturday 06 May 17 13:53 BST (UK) »
Ada Beatrice Aylott was born in Paddington in 1885, I found her with her widowed mother Louisa in the 1891 census Rg12 6 43 77 with a James Monk and his family.

In the 1901 census Rg13 6 57 4 she is with her mother but Ada's name is now Lillian.

In1901 Ada marries William Williams in Holborn I am told they have a number of children George, Arthur, Caroline, William, Harry, Robert and Edward at some stage the two eidest boys go to Canada under Dr. Barnados.

I'm not sure if William is killed in World War 1 or they divorce but Ada then marries Harry Palfrey in 1918 in West Ham, they have three children a boy who dies at birth Irene and Violet.

I found a death for Ada 11/5/1941 in Wanstead age 59.
I found a death for a Henry Palfrey in 1938 in East Ham age 58 but because I have no other details on Harry I'm not sure if this is the correct person.

Would anyone be able to give me more information on Ada and Harry.

Buzz

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ada Beatrice Aylott. And Harry Palfrey
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 May 17 16:34 BST (UK) »
I was wondering how certain you are that your Ada married William Williams? Here is why I'm asking....

You indicate her mother was named Louisa. There is a baptism for an Ada Beatrice Aylott in Paddington 05 Apr 1885. Father Frederick William Aylott, a Blind Maker. Mother Louisa.

The marriage of an Ada Beatrice Aylott to William Williams in 1901 has father as Arthur Aylott, a Pipe Fitter.

There is a marriage in Willesden of an Ada Beatrice Aylott to a David Byron 13 Apr 1913. Ada is listed as a spinster and her father is given as Frederick Aylott, a Blind Maker.

There is a death for an Ada B Byron in Willesden Sep qtr 1961. Perhaps the Ada who married David.

IMHO, there seem to be 2 Ada Beatrice Aylotts. The one who married William Williams is traceable in at least the 1891 census and her mother's name appears to be Sarah. It is also MHO that if your Ada had a mother Louisa, she is not the Ada who married William Williams.

Conversely, if it IS your Ada who married William Williams, then I don't believe she is the one who is the daughter of Louisa.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 May 17 16:50 BST (UK) »
The marriage of an Ada Beatrice Aylott to William Williams in 1901 has father as Arthur Aylott, a Pipe Fitter.

That one also looks as if her father is still alive, therefore can't be the one with a widowed mother in 1891.

If you are sure that is her, it looks as if you have the wrong Ada in the censuses.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BUZZ

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 06 May 17 17:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you both for your replies.

The Ada i found with Louisa must be wrong, when I found her in the 1891 census everything seemed to fit.
Also her second child with William is named Arthur as is her father when she marries William.
When she married Harry Palfrey in1918 her name is Ada Williams.

Buzz

Offline BUZZ

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 08 May 17 08:32 BST (UK) »
The posting by polarbear contradicts everything family members have told me that Ada was born in 1885 in Paddington and married William Williams in1901 in Holborn.

The 1891 census with a Ada Aylott and her parents Arthur and Sarah living in Edmonton has Ada born in Tottenham.

The baptism in Paddington has her father as Frederick but the marriage to William Williams has her father as Arthur one of them is not the Ada I'm looking for I will have to ask more of the family what they know.

The 1891 census with her widowed mother fitted the bill because it had Ada's place of birth as Paddington.
I will try to find both Ada's on the 1911 census.

Buzz

Offline Eyesee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 08 May 17 09:00 BST (UK) »
The Ada born Paddington 1855 mmn was BUCKLAND on the GRO index. Louisa BUCKLAND married Frederick William AYLOTT Jun qtr 1883, Pancras.

Ian C
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 08 May 17 09:14 BST (UK) »
Frederick William Aylott died aged 37 in Paddington in Dec 1/4 of 1890,so he never made the 1891 census!

Marriage...

Name:    Frederick William Aylott
Estimated birth year:    abt 1853
Spouse:    Louisa Buckland
Spouse Age:    33
Record Type:    Marriage
Event Date:    15 Apr 1883
Parish:    St John the Evangelist, Charlotte Street
Borough:    Camden
Father Name:    William Aylott
Spouse Father:    Samuel Alfred Buckland
Register Type:    Parish Register
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 08 May 17 09:21 BST (UK) »
15 April 1883 - by Licence
Frederick William Aylott, bachelor, 30 Blind Maker.  Father:  William, Blindmaker
Louisa Buckland, spinster, 33.  Father:  Samuel Alfred, Publican

Alfred Aylott was a witness.
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 08 May 17 09:32 BST (UK) »
I would suggest that you obtain a copy of the 1918 marriage between Harry Palfrey and Ada Williams in order to substantiate your thoughts.  Certainly the birth registrations of Irene and Violet Palfrey give the mother's maiden name as Aylott.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY