Author Topic: Births/Baptisms Hope Flintshire  (Read 5195 times)

Offline Joanne1969

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Births/Baptisms Hope Flintshire
« on: Saturday 06 May 17 14:22 BST (UK) »
Hi, this is my first try on Roots chat - it looks great what I have seen so far.

I was wondering if there is anyone that could possibly help me in searching for my Great Grandfather's birth registration district? I'm finding difficulty in pin pointing a correct area.

He was born in 1889/1890 by my calculation

David William Davies 1891 census age 1 birth year 1890 place of birth Penyfordd, Flintshire, Wales
                               1901 census age 11 birth year 1890 place of birth Hope, Flintshire, Wales
                               1911 census age 21 birth year 1890 place of birth Hope, Flintshire, Wales

He was one of twelve and according to the 1911 census he had a sibling that died but I have no name of that brother or sister or when it happened.

His parents were John and Mary Anne Davies (Anne) (Ann) (A) three variations - I'm struggling to find a marriage for his parents but still trying.

His Father was born in Llanarmon DC/Tregeiriog Denbighshire - (This is giving me the same issues also of district registration)

His Mother born in Mold, Flintshire.

David William's elder sister's (Elizabeth A, Sarah E and Katie) were born in Mold, Flintshire and I have found baptisms easily.

His younger bother's and sister's were born in Newtown, Montgomeryshire and have I their births/baptisms.  It seems the place Penyfordd (Pen-y-fordd) is a road in the parish of Higher Kinnerton - although Hope comes up on some searches it isn't my family.

I have been researching districts etc and it seems that Higher Kinnerton is in the parish of Hope, it also mentions Dodleston, Cheshire. 

So, I tried searching David William his elder sister Harriet Anne and younger brother John Robert (All born in Hope Flintshire) - in Cheshire and I have found all three but unfortunately no baptisms.

All years of birth on census records are a year higher than what I've found on Find my past but could work out if I try and calculate the age against which month the census was taken and which quarter.

To conclude, I want to find out if Hope births could have come under the registered area of Chester, Cheshire.

I'm not sure should I have put all this information on my request but sort of had to explain my issue.

Any information or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Joanne Davies

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: Births/Baptisms Hope Flintshire
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 May 17 15:30 BST (UK) »
Hi,,,And welcome to the forum. Do you have his mothers maiden name?
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Joanne1969

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 May 17 15:45 BST (UK) »
Hi and thank you.
Finding it very new to get around this site  :)
No unfortunately not. 
There are many John and Mary's in that area that were married.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 06 May 17 15:53 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome  :)

Hope was moved around a bit for civil registration purposes!  Genuki have this :

In the GRO indexes to civil registration, entries for Hope are found under:

Years 1837 - 1851: Wrexham XXVII. nnn
    Years 1852 - 1870: Wrexham 11b. nnn
    Years 1871 - 1902: Chester 8a. nnn
    Years 1903 - 1946: Hawarden 11b. nnn

Llanarmon/Tregeiriog was in the Corwen Registration District. 

I've got a few church records of the area so will have a look and get back if I find anything relevant.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 06 May 17 15:56 BST (UK) »
can you post the details of one of the births you are sure about .?
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 06 May 17 15:56 BST (UK) »
Just noticed your comment re Penyffordd. it was a small township in the Hope parish - near Wrexham.  I stayed there once with family friends  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Joanne1969

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 06 May 17 15:59 BST (UK) »
I have a baptism of David William's sister Katie Davies

25 Jan 1855 • The, parish, of, Mold, Flintshire, Wales

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 06 May 17 16:01 BST (UK) »
i need the details of one of his siblings?

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 06 May 17 16:08 BST (UK) »
this may be the marriage

First name(s)   JOHN
Last name   DAVIES
Marriage quarter   1
Marriage year   1882

Mary Ann Dykins,
District   Holywell
District number   -
County   Flintshire
Country   Wales
Volume   11B
Page   310
Record set   England & Wales Marriages 1837-2005