Author Topic: What am I doing wrong  (Read 3181 times)

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: What am I doing wrong
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 07 May 17 09:46 BST (UK) »
Gadget I'm going to try that nowthe 1939 let's hope she did not marry.
Groom I don't think I followed up was fixated in the info from my second cousin I. Australia I will look at this.
I have not sent for that ref 11B 443 I have sent for 21 lol
None her
 Thanks I will look now

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 07 May 17 10:05 BST (UK) »
Could not find her in 1939, the Rose Ann lead mother Maggie recorded born 1883 a  little bit too early for my Margaret born 25/11/1885.
Thank you

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 07 May 17 10:43 BST (UK) »
From Freebmd

Marriages Mar 1904   
Davies    Margaret Ann       
Davies    Robert Thomas       
St. Asaph    11b   443

North Wales BMD is showing 2 marriages in Denbighshire that year for Margaret Davies: the one above and another for a Margaret Davies (no second name) to a Robert Davies in Wrexham. Not sure of ref but I think it was 2nd quarter, 1904. 

Gadget

PS - both were civil (non- CofE/W)  marriages  :-\
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 07 May 17 10:57 BST (UK) »
IF that 1911 census is the correct family, I'd think it's a good chance that the marriage I found was her.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 07 May 17 11:00 BST (UK) »
IF that 1911 census is the correct family, I'd think it's a good chance that the marriage I found was her.

Yes - it probably was. Valerie found that on the thread I linked to - not sure if Valerie ever bought the cert.

I was merely pointling out that there was another one.

It is worth reading the other thread - and the others that Valerie has put up about Margaret over the years. Think it's going around in circles, else!
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 07 May 17 11:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks Gadget, I will do. Couldn't last night as the Wifi here was playing up and kept disconnecting.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 07 May 17 11:04 BST (UK) »
Here's a post of the same marriage -

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=711976.msg5555400#msg5555400

added - and:

shall I chance it and send for certificate what's one more after all :))))))

Go on risk it  ;D

Offline Sam Swift

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 07 May 17 11:21 BST (UK) »
Maybe your theory about the Patagonia family being a different cousin could be right. I found a short piece in the newspaper under Abergele (1st col, paragraph 12 titled Patagonia)
http://newspapers.library.wales/view/3880351/3880355/27/margaret%20abergele,%20patagonia

This Evans family lived in peel Street, went out to Patagonia and after spending 24 years there,  the article says were now going to Australia. You mention that you may have your Maggie living at in 1901, so it may be worth looking at that to eliminate.

In another news article, it mentions that 4 families from Abergele who had emigrated from Patagonia arrived to pick land 160 miles from Perth, one named John Evans.

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 07 May 17 13:18 BST (UK) »
Firstly i want to say thank you al,l for replying and helping me on such a worn out old thread.
I never sent for the certificate 11B 448 because of the middle name Anne' but tomorrow morning I will pick up the phone
Thought I would be really clever and look on Find my Past I can't even see it on there but can see on Ancestry weird?

Sam, I have seen that first newspaper cutting abut the Evans, not the second one, I'm sure Margaret went to Patagonia all around her in Peel Street people were going there and in the late 1800s a John Davies was there could have been a relative, It's weird the name about Evans because another distant cousin told me she married an Evans but Iv never found anything to prove this there is a Margaret Davies marrying a Bernard Evans but it's not her and I think he only spoke of things he had heard nothing he told me ever was proven.

Margaret was not about in 1920 as my mother's papers from Dr Barnardo gave a list of all the family members and their reason they could not take my mother in but Margarets name was not given by Grandmother(they were sisters)  which makes me think she was not about.

Thank You