Author Topic: What am I doing wrong  (Read 3180 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: What am I doing wrong
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 06 May 17 16:46 BST (UK) »
Here's one of Valerie's previous threads:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=711976.0
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 06 May 17 17:21 BST (UK) »
Daniel and Emma I have them in census I have there BC MC DC I have Margaret's BC I have her siblings BC some of there MC and some of there DC.
Iv tried putting just Margaret and her place of Birth and age and in 1911 a Margaret Leivison popped up in Derbyshire she was from Abergele age right but she had a lot of children must have married young but could not find a MC to rule it in or out. Husband not on census   

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 06 May 17 17:38 BST (UK) »
As you have said she is with her parents 1891 at Peel Street.
I would say a good bet for 1901 is Market Vaults, Abergele a servant age 15 .
As you know we can't put information from the 1911 Census on here but it looks like she's still in Abergele as a servant age 25 and she is single, that narrows the marriage search down a bit. There are so many Margaret Davies marriages I can see your predicament. The only thing I can suggest is if you can't go yourself to pay the Archive for a marriage search in the St Asaph/Abergele Registers, you have her father's name Daniel so that should narrow it down a bit more  ???

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 06 May 17 17:46 BST (UK) »
EM - see my previous link. Val found this 2 years ago, I think  :)

Help and advice please before I send for this marraige certificate, can anyone look at the info to see if I'm making a blunder.
Found Maggie Davies living in Peel street Abergele 1911 census which is where she came from, married to Robert Thomas Davies her age is two years out but there seems to be some crossing out in the  Margin
She has three children, it states marraige 1904 the only marraige I can find us for a Margaret Ann in 1904 in Wrexham.
Trying not to get to excited
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 06 May 17 18:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you Ellenmia and Hello Gadget, Iv always thought this was her in the census as Iv said never can be 100% sure.
The lady in the registry office has Conwy in her emails so I think that covers St Asaph I'm not completely sure and wonder if I should look Flintshire ?
I also thought about the war and wondered if that would narrow the dates for marriage, the other thing that bothers me the last big  migration to Patagonia was 1911 that put the 1911 census in doubt
I think I have done everything possible really, I'd come to Abergele but where would I start ?

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 06 May 17 18:23 BST (UK) »
The other problem is Margret And her sisters Grace and Hannah BC they had no middle name but Grace and Hannah MC they do one is Parry there mothers family name and Hannah is Eunice so I don't think  baptismal names so if Margaret did that there are lots more Margaret Davies to choose from lol

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 06 May 17 18:31 BST (UK) »
Just thinking that, if she didn't go to Patagonia or came back, she might just be on the 1939 register. Do you have her full date of birth so that you can search on it?

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 06 May 17 18:32 BST (UK) »
Don't know whether you followed up from the 1911 that you found back in 2015, but using the new GRO site which gives mother's maiden names gives this for one of the children

DAVIES, ROSE  ANN     mother's maiden name DAVIES 
GRO Reference: 1907  S Quarter 
ST ASAPH 
Volume 11B  Page 309
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 06 May 17 18:40 BST (UK) »
From Freebmd