Author Topic: Stained glass window in St Andrew's Anglican Church, Scarborough, Toronto  (Read 579 times)

Offline Mimble

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie Louisa Jones of Aldon, great grandmother
    • View Profile
Hello
Our church is commemorating the death 100 years ago in June of Ernest Stafford Carlos, who painted the famous Pathfinder Scout painting, the original of which is kept at Gilwell Park. This painting is depicted in his memory in a stained-glass window in our church. https://www.facebook.com/Holy-Cross-Church-Hornchurch-463618100370962/?fref=nf

I am collecting images of other stained glass depictions of the painting for a leaflet to be given out at a special service commemorating the life and works of Carlos. One of my contacts has told me that there is another stained glass window in St Andrew's Anglican Church, Scarborough.

I wondered if anyone could go and look for this window and take a photo for me please?

Thank you
Mary
Morgan, Wilcox, Hulbert, Olive - Gloucestershire; Diggines, Gill, Rivers, Bull, Powell, Howell - Bristol; Hulley, Cawood - Yorkshire and South Africa; Stedman,  Hamar, Luther - Shropshire; Staddon, Rawle, Richards, Kemp -  West Somerset; Jones - Bettws, Montgomeryshire and Mainstone, Shropshire; Williams - Beguildy, Radnorshire; Coleman - Kent; Gradwell, Strickland - Lancashire;  Moodie -  Orkneys; Montgomery - Armagh, Down and Kildare; Parke - Kildare and Wicklow; Brangan - Bandon, Cork.

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Stained glass window in St Andrew's Anglican Church, Scarborough, Toronto
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 May 17 22:05 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Have you tried sending an email to the Church office?  I am sure they can tell you whether they have a stained glass window depicting the Pathfinder Scout painting by Ernest Stafford Carlos.   Perhaps they would be able to give you some information about their window, and send you a photo?

http://www.st-andrew-anglican.ca/#

RK

Offline Mimble

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie Louisa Jones of Aldon, great grandmother
    • View Profile
Re: Stained glass window in St Andrew's Anglican Church, Scarborough, Toronto
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 May 17 20:44 BST (UK) »
Hi yes I have emailed them, thanks.
Mary
Morgan, Wilcox, Hulbert, Olive - Gloucestershire; Diggines, Gill, Rivers, Bull, Powell, Howell - Bristol; Hulley, Cawood - Yorkshire and South Africa; Stedman,  Hamar, Luther - Shropshire; Staddon, Rawle, Richards, Kemp -  West Somerset; Jones - Bettws, Montgomeryshire and Mainstone, Shropshire; Williams - Beguildy, Radnorshire; Coleman - Kent; Gradwell, Strickland - Lancashire;  Moodie -  Orkneys; Montgomery - Armagh, Down and Kildare; Parke - Kildare and Wicklow; Brangan - Bandon, Cork.