Author Topic: Albert Hart  (Read 2140 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Hart
« Reply #9 on: Monday 12 June 17 11:44 BST (UK) »
May I ask why you think that Albert is your 3x Grandfather when he and Susannah had no Children?
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline nelwild

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • great grandmother Emma Jane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 26 June 17 20:16 BST (UK) »
Sorry about the delay in replying.

I cant be certain that he is.I cant even be sure that the Susannah who appears on the 1881 onwards is my 3xgreat grandmother.All I do know is that after 1871,i can find no Susannah Pain/e or Payne born Margate c1852 on the census,nor any death or marriage record.Ive used a process of elimination looking at Susannahs born c1852 in Margate to reach the conclusion that the Susannah with Albert post 1871 is her.
Susannah only had  one child that I'm aware of,my 2xgreat grandmother Sarah Amelia Pain/Payne.I have her birth certificate;this is what it says:

14th March 1870 Sarah Amelia girl no father shown mother Susannah Sarah Pain x the mark of Susannah Sarah Pain mother Whitstable 24th March 1870 W Amos Registrar.

Its all a bit of a mystery to be honest.Sarah Amelia is on the census after 1870 being raised by other family in Whitstable with no sign of Susannah.If she is with Albert Hart in Folkstone,it seems she lived out her life away from her family,almost like shes in exile.

Sarah Amelia went on to have 3 children,one of whom was my great grandmother.All three were also illegitimate,no father shown on the birth or marriage certificates,so ive no idea who my great grandfather was,or whether he was the father of the other 2.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Nel.

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 26 June 17 23:14 BST (UK) »
There is this baptism, same area
1st August 1875, Herne
Caroline
mother Susan Pain
abode Herne Union
Single Woman

Can't see a birth registration in Blean. Can't say whether the mother is your Susannah.
John

Offline nelwild

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 27 June 17 15:30 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the reply.

On the 1861 census,Susannah was in Thanet workhouse,described as an abandonded child.By 1871,she was in Whitstable,living with her mother and stepfather.So with Herne being a Whitstable reg district,and Herne union being the local workhouse,its possible.Can you see what might potentially have become of Caroline?Is there any way of knowing for sure whether this is my Susannah with another child?
Ive been looking back over all my research,ive spotted something that could suggest that Susannah and her "daughter"might in fact be sisters rather than mother and daughter,so that's left me reeling a bit.
I'm going to post a longer message on the Kent forum as most of it relates to there.Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

Nel.

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 28 June 17 16:17 BST (UK) »
Hi
I can see no sign of Caroline later, and there was another Susan Payn/Pain in Blean in 1871, so its by no means certain that this is your lady.
I guess we would need her age at least from the workhouse records to have a better idea.
John

Offline nelwild

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 02 July 17 13:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks.

I'm not sure if workhouse records can be viewed online.Ive got quite a few ancestors who were in various ones.

Nel.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 04 July 17 14:28 BST (UK) »
This link shows what records are available for Thanet workhouse
http://www.workhouses.org.uk/Thanet/
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk