Author Topic: Jane Dyson  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Drl1959

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Dyson
« Reply #18 on: Friday 12 May 17 16:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone for your assistance.  I'm still having issues trying to access the will but I will figure it out.

After spending the day yesterday going through some burial and marriage records for Dyson's in Lancashire, I'm no farther ahead on who belongs to who.  I did find that there was a third Jane Dyson who was married in 1784 to John Huddersfield, so that throws a bit of a wrench into things.  They married in Oldham and the other two married in Prestwich.  So, I might not even have my Jane's baptismal record at all. 

I don't think the Dyson's who lived in Chadderton on the correct ones, though.  The siblings of either Jane don't match the Dyson's who married the same time as that Jane. 

Offline lancsann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 12 May 17 17:41 BST (UK) »
You won't see any more than I posted as the LANCAT only shows the probate record. Sorry I should have made that clearer. They should have the will at the archives but it will only be a paper copy. If anyone is going there they may be willing to have a look for you.

Offline Drl1959

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 13 May 17 01:20 BST (UK) »
I found a really good site that has all, if not most, of the bmd records for all the parishes in Lancashire.  Someone has gone to a great deal of work to put together the site.  They don't have the physical records, but there is all the information there that is on a physical record.  However, it doesn't bring me any closer to figuring out who my Jane's parents were, but I may be out of luck for that one.  But, I finally figured out how to access the index of wills/probate records. 

Thanks again for any assistance.