Author Topic: John Jones Llanrhos  (Read 754 times)

Offline paintedlady

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Jones Llanrhos
« on: Wednesday 10 May 17 23:53 BST (UK) »
Is there anyone on the site who visits St.Hilary's Churchyard Llanrhos?  I am hoping to find a burial in the name of John Jones, buried in the churchyard (not the main cemetery) October 1923.

He is the last of the 4 sons my great great grandfather John Jones had and I have found the burial sites of the other three.  The John I am seeking has his father in Llanrhos who is buried with his first wife (not this John's mother) and my great great  great grandparents are also buried in Llanrhos churchyard almost within sight of the church itself. My parents are buried in Rhyl my father was Welsh.

I have driven over from Manchester myself to visit the above graves and Llanellian and Bron-y-Nant where other welsh relatives are buried but since I broke one of my toes I cannot drive long distances anymore.

If anyone visits the cemetery at Llanrhos and would be able to help it would be appreciated. I do not know which grave only the month and year of burial and his age was 72 years old. I would also like to discover if anyone else is mentioned on the headstone as I think John married an Ellen

Any help would be appreciated - thanks  sue

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Jones Llanrhos
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 May 17 01:39 BST (UK) »
I did visit a few years ago when you posted on the same topic,but with no success.As an aside,I thought I saw a goshawk there,a first for me.

Regards
Roger

Offline Jo Harding

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: John Jones Llanrhos
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 May 17 11:21 BST (UK) »
Hello paintedlady,

You may stand a chance of success with your request if you post on this site:

http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/

There are people local to the area who have an interest in genealogy and may well volunteer to assist.

Jo.