Author Topic: birth details wanted - France after 1838  (Read 2367 times)

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
birth details wanted - France after 1838
« on: Thursday 11 May 17 04:02 BST (UK) »
HELLO,
I am looking for someone who might do a lookup for me of two births in france from 1838. The names of the parents were:

Charles Barnet Burns (or just Barnet Burns)

Anne Melanie Boval

These two people were married I thought in the 7th arrondissement on the 22nd Sept. 1838. They lived at 16 Rue Pastourelle, 3rd Arrondissement. I am led to believe that these two people had two children who died young. I am looking for information on these two children re their births and anything else someone may find.
Any and all help very much appreciated. Thank you

Popsit
Be good to your Mum

Offline pb_devon

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: birth details wanted
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 May 17 08:25 BST (UK) »
I would suggest you amend the heading to make clear the place and country.  At the moment we can only guess!  :)

Offline jayaygee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: birth details wanted - France after 1838
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 11 May 17 19:06 BST (UK) »
The problem is that if the children were born in Paris most pre 1860 records were burnt and I can't see anything likely in the reconstituted civil registration which is incomplete anyway.  Just in case you don't already have the information, the reconstituted registration of the BURNS/BOVAL marriage gives his parents as George, deceased, and Anne  née COMMANS (I think) and her parents as Jean-Baptiste, deceased, and Jeanne Louise née TOUCHARD or BOUCHARD.  There is also a birth of an Anne Mélaine (sic) BOVAL on 1st April 1820 in Paris 6ème with no further details (this is a transcription on a commercial site but with no source indicated).
BDF Twigg, Ellingham, Gates
BKM Bilbey, Collins, Brandon, Norwood, Smith
HAM Holloway (Romsey area)
HRT Brooks (Tring area)
LDN Saunders, Beedle
MDX Saunders
MLN Maitland, Robertson, McGlashan(all Edinburgh)
OXF Morby, Cross, Gardner (all Banbury area)
SAL Jones, Mathews, Higginson, Davies, Gobourn, Blount
WAR Pritchard (Birmingham)
WRY Dickinson, Atkinson, Mellon, Pritchard, Ashforth, Helliwell, Hague, Dungworth (all Sheffield area)

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: birth details wanted
« Reply #3 on: Friday 12 May 17 03:58 BST (UK) »
I would suggest you amend the heading to make clear the place and country.  At the moment we can only guess!  :)

???? Ihave in the heading, birth details France and in the  message I have the arrondesments  is this not place and country

Modertor comment: the topic title of the first post has been amended. It is this title that shows on the Rootschat forum.
Be good to your Mum

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 12 May 17 04:14 BST (UK) »
The problem is that if the children were born in Paris most pre 1860 records were burnt and I can't see anything likely in the reconstituted civil registration which is incomplete anyway.  Just in case you don't already have the information, the reconstituted registration of the BURNS/BOVAL marriage gives his parents as George, deceased, and Anne  née COMMANS (I think) and her parents as Jean-Baptiste, deceased, and Jeanne Louise née TOUCHARD or BOUCHARD.  There is also a birth of an Anne Mélaine (sic) BOVAL on 1st April 1820 in Paris 6ème with no further details (this is a transcription on a commercial site but with no source indicated).

Thank you for taking the time to find the above info. I do have the certs for their marriage which says exactly what you say above. In other info from Wikipedia it states they had two children, both died young. When you put her birth and marriage dates together it seems she was only 18 years old when marrying George. (marriage date 1838).Apparently George was back in England by the 1841 census so because there is a history of twins (George had a set of twins with one of his five ladies in his life, he was married three times) also his father also had a set of twins that died really young I am going with the idea maybe he had twins with Anne Boval. He just up and left her high and dry.Again thank you, it is much appreciated.

Popsit
Be good to your Mum

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 12 May 17 07:51 BST (UK) »
Any increased incidence of fraternal twins comes down the mother's line, so George and his father having twin children is just a co-incidence. Identical twins are just random and not related to any family propensity.

Offline BelgianAncestry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Local Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 12 May 17 08:46 BST (UK) »

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 12 May 17 08:51 BST (UK) »
jayaygee

http://archives.paris.fr/s/5/etat-civil-reconstitue/?

"Naissance" in Type de Document and searching for "Burns" returns (amongst others) -

"Burnouf (1831) - Buron (1822) ....."

Image 6 looks like "Ken'th Burns" possibly? Any thoughts?

Just pipped by previous poster!!

Offline jayaygee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 12 May 17 17:05 BST (UK) »
I can't make it out at all, but I see it has been indexed as Hen'tte presumably for Henriette though I agree it looks more like Ken'th.
BDF Twigg, Ellingham, Gates
BKM Bilbey, Collins, Brandon, Norwood, Smith
HAM Holloway (Romsey area)
HRT Brooks (Tring area)
LDN Saunders, Beedle
MDX Saunders
MLN Maitland, Robertson, McGlashan(all Edinburgh)
OXF Morby, Cross, Gardner (all Banbury area)
SAL Jones, Mathews, Higginson, Davies, Gobourn, Blount
WAR Pritchard (Birmingham)
WRY Dickinson, Atkinson, Mellon, Pritchard, Ashforth, Helliwell, Hague, Dungworth (all Sheffield area)