Author Topic: birth details wanted - France after 1838  (Read 2365 times)

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: birth details wanted - France after 1838
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 13 May 17 23:07 BST (UK) »

They lived at 16 Rue Pastourelle, 3rd Arrondissement.

Popsit

Just a bit of information that might be useful you and other researchers if you are not aware of it is that the numbers of the districts in Paris changed in 1860 after the incorporation of some surrounding villages into the city.

Rue Pastourelle is in the 3ème now but before 1860, don't think it was - it looks more like 8ème.  That said, I can't for the moment find whether the old or new numbers were used for the reconstitution of the Paris civil registration for events prior to 1860.  For what it's worth.

Judith

hank you. Its little bits of information like that that if not known can keep you looking for ages and getting nowhere.

Popsit
Be good to your Mum

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: birth details wanted
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 13 May 17 23:10 BST (UK) »
I would suggest you amend the heading to make clear the place and country.  At the moment we can only guess!  :)

???? Ihave in the heading, birth details France and in the  message I have the arrondesments  is this not place and country

Modertor comment: the topic title of the first post has been amended. It is this title that shows on the Rootschat forum.

Apologies, I see that now. Thank you

Popsit
Be good to your Mum

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 14 May 17 09:55 BST (UK) »
Many of the areas we now think of as "Paris" are actually in other departments surrounding the city of Paris itself - so if you can't find births/deaths it may be because they were lost in the fire but the family moving to somewhere near to but not actually in Paris is another option.

Incidentally, if you look at deaths under Boval you can see:
Jean Baptiste Boval d. 11 Nov (9bre) 1823, 7ème
and under Touchard (women are normally found under their maiden names, the original may name her as "Vve Boval"), a possible for his wife:
Anne Louise Touchard, d. 23 Jan 1847, 7ème.

At http://www.geneaservice.com, a site I often use for records for Paris and surrounds (you do need a free login, and full details are charged), there appears to be a Anne Melanie Boval death in Banlieue parisienne deaths, 1893-1902 - worth checking to see if this is your lady or a relative. Sometimes these records are duplicated on Ancestry.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 14 May 17 23:37 BST (UK) »
Many of the areas we now think of as "Paris" are actually in other departments surrounding the city of Paris itself - so if you can't find births/deaths it may be because they were lost in the fire but the family moving to somewhere near to but not actually in Paris is another option.

Incidentally, if you look at deaths under Boval you can see:
Jean Baptiste Boval d. 11 Nov (9bre) 1823, 7ème
and under Touchard (women are normally found under their maiden names, the original may name her as "Vve Boval"), a possible for his wife:
Anne Louise Touchard, d. 23 Jan 1847, 7ème.

At http://www.geneaservice.com, a site I often use for records for Paris and surrounds (you do need a free login, and full details are charged), there appears to be a Anne Melanie Boval death in Banlieue parisienne deaths, 1893-1902 - worth checking to see if this is your lady or a relative. Sometimes these records are duplicated on Ancestry.

Thank you for that info. There is such a lot of info to be had if you know where to look, forums like this are good value.
There is a possibility that the Jean Baptiste above may have been Anne Melanie Boval's father as she was born in 1820 and this man died 1823, also it looks like  the Anne louise Touchard is likely to be her mother although on the marriage reg. her full name was Jeanne. I will go back into the site for deaths and see if I can hunt them out.

Popsit
Be good to your Mum