Poll

details.  You had no idea what happened to her.  What do you do?

Add the newly discovered relatives to the tree and reply to the relative that e-mailed the info
11 (91.7%)
Add the newly discovered relatives to the tree, forgetting that the tree is public and she can see it
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: Friday 11 May 18 08:08 BST (UK)

Author Topic: A relative finds the marriage of your grandfather's sister and sends you the  (Read 2707 times)

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: A relative finds the marriage of your grandfather's sister and sends you the
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 May 17 22:54 BST (UK) »
I sent the information with images of the records a week ago.

Offline Blackwidowspider

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: A relative finds the marriage of your grandfather's sister and sends you the
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 11 May 17 22:57 BST (UK) »
I had similar. Find a marriage that was only a family rumour... Added it, got the info, emailed the other got a response! And photos! And further info!

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
I sent the information with images of the records a week ago.

Maybe the relative is on hols!  ::)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 13 May 17 17:06 BST (UK) »
I'd give them a bit longer.  I'm very good at responding quickly to simple emails, but if I've got a bit more to say I tend to leave them until I have time or am in the mood for a fuller answer.  Unfortunately this can mean they get sidelined for a bit!
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline Josephine

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Photo: Beardstown, Illinois
    • View Profile
The thing is, if I'm reading this correctly, s/he had time to add the data to his/her online tree, but no time for a simple thank you.

I've had this type of thing happen to me, too. It's not a good feeling.
England: Barnett; Beaumont; Christy; George; Holland; Parker; Pope; Salisbury
Scotland: Currie; Curror; Dobson; Muir; Oliver; Pryde; Turnbull; Wilson
Ireland: Carson; Colbert; Coy; Craig; McGlinchey; Riley; Rooney; Trotter; Waters/Watters

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
The thing is, if I'm reading this correctly, s/he had time to add the data to his/her online tree, but no time for a simple thank you.

Yes, but adding the data to the tree requires no thought.  Whereas composing a reply which may include other info takes up more time and thought.

You are probably right in expecting no reply, but I'm just saying it's the sort of thing I might do.  Add the names in quickly, and defer composing a reply until later.  Then sometimes other things intervene.
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.