Author Topic: PRONI lookup request?  (Read 871 times)

Offline xkav8or

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
PRONI lookup request?
« on: Thursday 11 May 17 16:36 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to find the marriage of my GGG-grandfather, DAVID ADAMS, in Coleraine, Co. Derry. I believe his spouse's name was  HANNAH or ANN ROBERTS and they were married in 2nd New Row Presbyterian Church, in Coleraine, about 1820.

They had children, Ann (b. abt 1821?); Thomas (b. abt 1824); Alexander (b. abt. 1826); William (b. abt 1827) and John (b. abt. 1827).

The entire family were also listed as members of the 2nd New Row congregation in April, 1831, and were listed as living on Commons, in the Coleraine, Co. Derry 1831 census.

The PRONI ref # for New Row 2nd Presbyterian marriage records is:
MIC.1P/31; T.1069; D.1642.

Any idea as to what would be a reasonable fee for someone who visits PRONI, to look up David & Hannah's marriage for me?  Thank you!

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: PRONI lookup request?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 May 17 16:58 BST (UK) »
Someone has dates listed for this family at:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/2:2:9C9Z-SF9

however, you would need to satisfy yourself re the source of same.

If you are not local to Coleraine or indeed Northern Ireland, so cannot visit it or PRONI yourself, the library staff at Coleraine may be willing to check a few dates for you on the microfilm they hold for New Row, albeit they are unlikely to undertake 'blanket' searches.

Email details can be found for them at:

https://www.librariesni.org.uk/Libraries/Pages/Coleraine-Library.aspx
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline xkav8or

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 11 May 17 17:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the info! I'm in Canada, so unfortunately I can't visit PRONI. But I'll certainly try the library link you gave. I'd like to leave the PRONI lookup request and offer of payment open though, to any PRONI visitors, in case the local library is unable to help. Thanks again!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 11 May 17 18:26 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately, Coleraine Library is being renovated and the microfilms have been moved to (I think) Portstewart Library (if not there then Portrush). I'm not sure what level of assistance staffing levels will allow.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline xkav8or

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 11 May 17 18:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the info. It's the story of my life! If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all  :)

I guess I should extend my request (and offer) to all genealogy-interested members of Portstewart and Portrush libraries, as well as PRONI visitors!.....And while we're at it, why not include anyone, anywhere who can help.  ;D

Thanks again!

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 11 May 17 19:02 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to find the marriage of my GGG-grandfather, DAVID ADAMS, in Coleraine, Co. Derry. I believe his spouse's name was  HANNAH or ANN ROBERTS and they were married in 2nd New Row Presbyterian Church, in Coleraine, about 1820.

They had children, Ann (b. abt 1821?); Thomas (b. abt 1824); Alexander (b. abt. 1826); William (b. abt 1827) and John (b. abt. 1827).

The entire family were also listed as members of the 2nd New Row congregation in April, 1831, and were listed as living on Commons, in the Coleraine, Co. Derry 1831 census.

The PRONI ref # for New Row 2nd Presbyterian marriage records is:
MIC.1P/31; T.1069; D.1642.

Sorry I can't help with marriage detail but I've had a look on Anc*y and there's a private tree with the name David Adams born 1800 died 1887 - I have sent this person a message with the details you have given above to see if it's the same person and whether they can help.

Will get back to you if I receive a reply
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline xkav8or

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 11 May 17 19:13 BST (UK) »
That's very thoughtful of you. Thank you!