Author Topic: Welsh police  (Read 2297 times)

Offline Blackwidowspider

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Welsh police
« on: Thursday 11 May 17 20:18 BST (UK) »
Hi can anyone maybe help me out on Welsh police? Dates approximately 1931, possibly location is colwyn bay (not confirmed). I don't know the gentleman's name unfortunately that is something I'm trying to find out as he was in a photo album of my grandparents. His warrant number? is C45 and was motor bike/cycle police officer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
Re: Welsh police
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 May 17 09:34 BST (UK) »
Hi, Blackwidowspider, and welcome to Roots chat.

You might get more of a response if you post your query to the appropriate Welsh board (the general Welsh board or one of the counties) with as much detail as you can. Just post a link to your original page (here in the photo restore section) in case the respondents want to see the photos.

I’ve just given his face a quick cut and polish so that you can see him a little better.

Cheers, Peter.
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Welsh police
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 May 17 10:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Blackwidowspider...welcome to Rootschat, I have asked for your post to be moved to the Wales board.
Carol

Topic moved.
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU