Author Topic: Cemetry Records  (Read 1564 times)

Offline apthorpea

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cemetry Records
« on: Friday 12 May 17 15:26 BST (UK) »
Can someone tell me where in Dublin I can find C of I burial records.  I am visiting Ireland in a couple of weeks and the Churchyard that I am visiting in Tyrone that my g grandparents are buried in, only has records of who is buried in the cemetery from 1943.  Thanks for any information Angela

Stewart, Reilly, Montgomery, Cheshire, Lyttle, Rankin, Apthorpe, Hart, Anderson,  Gourley

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cemetry Records
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 May 17 15:57 BST (UK) »
....and the name of the Cemetery is ?
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 May 17 16:01 BST (UK) »
Have you tried contacting the church itself to ask where pre-1943 records might be?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline apthorpea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 12 May 17 16:46 BST (UK) »
I was informed that the RCB library which I hope to visit. Although on their site they have listed Under The List of Church of Ireland  Parish Registers 'Drumclamph Derry Tyrone 1847-1877 - 1853-1877  recorded LOST - Registers for this parish were in PROI in 1922 and were thus not saved there is some coverage at RootsIreland.ie '    So there will be a number of years that there is no information on. Does PRONI in Belfast hold registers of BMD?  Thanks  Angela
Stewart, Reilly, Montgomery, Cheshire, Lyttle, Rankin, Apthorpe, Hart, Anderson,  Gourley

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 12 May 17 17:57 BST (UK) »
GRONI in Belfast have civil records (births, marriages, deaths) not burial records.
PRONI's Guide to Church Records will show you what, if anything, they might hold in Belfast-
https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/publications/proni-guide-church-records

The dates you've posted don't make a lot of sense- are you sure those are for burial registers? I would expect the lost records to be sort of 1870-1880 but what you've posted  might be other records?

Added-

Is this what you've cut and pasted from?
https://www.ireland.anglican.org/cmsfiles/pdf/AboutUs/library/registers/ParishRegisters/PARISHREGISTERS.pdf
Dates for burial records listed as 1853-1877 shaded grey which means pre-1878 records didn't survive.
Have you checked to see what, if any, records Rootsireland hold?

Added-
PRONI shows burial records 1872-1943 on microfilm
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 12 May 17 17:59 BST (UK) »
Who are you looking for?

Some people when visiting Cemeteries take some photos and put them online to help others...

http://www.cotyroneireland.com/tombstones/images/DrumclamphCOIWilson1.jpg  for example!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline apthorpea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 12 May 17 19:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the information, The Stewarts that I think are buried at Drumclamph, are my GGGrandfather John Gerard Stewart d 1933, his sisters, Mary d 1885, Matilda d 1910, Ellen d 1927, his brother Charles d 1877, his parents Charles d 1879, Margaret d 1899, his grandfather Charles d 1864 and his daughter Ellen (Rebecca) 1917 and his son John Gerald Stewart 1967.  So the records in Dublin should hold most of the burial records that the church does not have.  It would be nice if there was some kind of headstone to mark the graves.  I got a lot of the records from Roots website so I will have another look at burial records.  Thanks again for all the information Angela