Author Topic: Will of George Suart - Help Needed  (Read 577 times)

Offline macken_h

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Will of George Suart - Help Needed
« on: Saturday 13 May 17 04:49 BST (UK) »
Hi,
This will I'm finding really hard to read.
It's quite lengthy so I've done it in sections.
Many thanks in anticipation,
Hilary
Balfour, Painting. Belin, de Belin. Mackenzie/McKenzie

Offline ancestorsnoop

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Will of George Suart - Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 May 17 05:39 BST (UK) »
I just quickly typed this up and then filled in some blanks, so I don't know how well I did (or if it makes sense).  At least it is a start.

George Suart 30
This is the last Will and Testament
of me George Suart of Sutton in the Parish of Heston in the County of Middlesex
and of Birchin Lane in the City of London Commission Merchant and Insurance Broker
which I make in manner following that is to say I give and bequeath my Gold watch
and chain which I wear to my Son Edward and my Gold repeater and musical seal to my
son John I give and devise all that my Copyhold Messuage or Tenement Garden Orchard
and Premises wherein I now reside at Sutton aforesaid with all the rights members and
Appurts thereunto belonging and all my household goods plate linen china books and
other effects which shall be in or about the same at the time of my decease unto the
Reverend Thomas Sampson of Petersham in the County of Surry Doctor in Divinity and
William Hart of Stoke Drewington in the County of Middlesex Esquire their heirs exors
admors and assigns according to the nature and quality thereof respectively Upon trust to
permit and suffer my beloved wife Susannah Suart during her life in case she shall
so long remain my widow to have and enjoy my said Copyhold Messuage and heredits
with the use of the said Goods Chattels and Effects in and about the same for the residence
and convenience of herself and such of my unmarried Children as shall live with her
and from and immediately after her decease or second marriage which shall first
happen Then upon trust that they my said trustees or the survivor of them or the
heirs executors admors of such survivor do and shall sell and absolutely dispose of
my said Copyhold Messuage or Tenement heredits and Premises either together or in
Waddoups - Northampton; Greaves/Gleaves- Birmingham; Sutton & Willie - Somerset & Devon; Sweeten/Sweeton - Ireland; Robert McKenzie - Scots Greys; Bradney/Bradley - Shropshire & Stafford; Aaron & Moses Williams - Pontesbury, Shropshire & Abersychan, Monmouth; Barham, Farnes, & Isacke - London; Odense County, Denmark; Gausdal, Oppland, Norway.

Offline macken_h

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 May 17 06:02 BST (UK) »
It's a great start. Thanks.
I'll add Page 2.
Balfour, Painting. Belin, de Belin. Mackenzie/McKenzie

Offline ancestorsnoop

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 May 17 06:26 BST (UK) »
Another quick job, so sorry for the mistakes.

which can or may be obtained for the same and upon receipt of the purchase
money or purchase monies to surrender and assure the same Copyhold heredits
and Premises to the purchase or purchases thereof and to make enter into and
execute all such conveyances surrenders or assurances as shall or may be necessary in
that behalf and I do hereby will and direct that the receipt or receipts of my said
trustees or trustee for the time being shall be a good and sufficient discharge and good
and sufficient discharges to the person or persons who shall or may become the
purchaser or purchasers of my said Copyhold Messuage or Heredits for his her or
their purchase money or purchase monies and that such purchaser or purchasers shall
not be obliged to see to the application of such purchase money or purchase monies
or be answerable or accountable for any loss misapplication or nonapplication thereof
and also do and shall immediately after the decease or second marriage of my said
wife which shall first happen and dispose of the said Good Chattels and Effects in and
about my said Dwellinghouse in such manner as my said trustees or trustee for the
time being shall consider most beneficial to my Estate and do and shall stand
possessed of the monies arising from such sales as aforesaid Upon the trust herein
after expressed and declared of and concerning the same and I give and bequeath
unto the said Thomas Sampson and William Hart their executors admors and
assigns all my Book and other debts sum and sums of money securities for money
monies in the Public Stocks funds and all the Rest and Residue of
my Personal Estate and Effects whatsoever and wheresoever of what nature or kind
soever not hereinbefore disposed of Upon trust that they my said trustees or the survivor
of them or the Executors Admors or assigns of such survivor do and shall as soon
as conveniently may be after my decease collect and get in all debts and sums of
money which maybe then due or owing to me form any person or persons whomso
ever and sell and convert into money all such parts of my said Residuary Estate as
shall be of a saleable nature and do and shall out of my said Residuary Personal

Waddoups - Northampton; Greaves/Gleaves- Birmingham; Sutton & Willie - Somerset & Devon; Sweeten/Sweeton - Ireland; Robert McKenzie - Scots Greys; Bradney/Bradley - Shropshire & Stafford; Aaron & Moses Williams - Pontesbury, Shropshire & Abersychan, Monmouth; Barham, Farnes, & Isacke - London; Odense County, Denmark; Gausdal, Oppland, Norway.