Author Topic: Lincstothepast  (Read 4259 times)

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My lovely Mum about 1940
    • View Profile
Lincstothepast
« on: Saturday 13 May 17 14:42 BST (UK) »
Is there a way to rotate a page on Lincstothepast. I want to review some baptisms and the page        ( Worlaby by Brigg 1800 -1803 ) is impossible to read unless I turn sideways !! I find it difficult enough with the watermarks.

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lincstothepast
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 May 17 16:28 BST (UK) »
There's nothing on the toolbar to help you.

All I can suggest is a "screen capture", load the capture into Paint or some such program, then rotate it there.

Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 May 17 19:00 BST (UK) »
Just  a comment. I find that site terrible  to use. A very  good  idea gone wrong  probably  through attempting to set it up in house and on the cheap.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 May 17 21:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks to both of you for taking the trouble to reply.

We moved away from Lincolnshire and I thought I had lost the note book which I used in the days before the internet. However, I`ve had a good search this evening and found the one relating to the family  I`m reviewing at the  back of the cupboard, and even better it confirms my research is correct with source/citations listed. There is a big gap in the baptisms of this family, I now need to see if I can out why !

I agree with Redroger, it is not easy to use, in fact I`ve never had any success with it at all. I may try  it at a later date when I start on another branch, but maybe Freereg will be more successful as I`ve found it very helpful so far.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 14 May 17 11:20 BST (UK) »
I find the site very hard to use.

I also use FreeREG which has an extensive Lincs coverage.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 14 May 17 11:29 BST (UK) »
I do use the site but often after finding things on freereg first.  I sometimes like to check records either side of what I am looking at which you can't do with transcripts.  It's fine if you aren't in a hurry.  ;D

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Del 80

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my favourite jumper about 1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 14 May 17 18:16 BST (UK) »
I also find Lincstothepast very difficult to use, a shame really as a lot of my research is in Lincolnshire......I have no problems with any other site, just that one, I hope that one day they can "simplify" it somewhat.
Clarke , Calvert , McCreadie,
 McDowell, Paton & Scott families,  Scotland
& Ireland, Ayto/Hayto/Eato/Eatough families, Lincolnshire.

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 15 May 17 15:57 BST (UK) »
When I`ve seen replies to other people`s queries re Lincstothepast I thought it was me !

Today, I`ve tried to take a look at Appelby Burials; the images come up, but hovering the cursor over the images doesn`t give the years. As suggested it must have been done on the cheap- needs more thought and money put into it !

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 15 May 17 22:39 BST (UK) »
A brilliant  idea strangled in the making.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)