Author Topic: Lincstothepast  (Read 4258 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Lincstothepast
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 06:52 BST (UK) »
Still it is better than nothing.  How many other record offices have put that sort of information out there for free. 
True it is not indexed but I know I am not alone in having spent hours trawling through registers on film & microfiche having travelled to get to the places to view it. One of the problems nowadays with so many records on these pay sites is that we expect everything available instantly & clearly.  Perhaps they should have spent more money on it and charged for the service like Essex (Seax)  ???
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My lovely Mum about 1940
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 09:04 BST (UK) »
Going back to my original comment re the page I would like to view, if I was using microfiche I would just be able to rotate it.

I`ve spent many hours using both fiche and film, to be honest I prefer it, but I`ve gone from a 20 minute drive to Lincs Archives to 5 or 6 hours !!! My choice so I`m not complaing about that.

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 10:18 BST (UK) »
Findmypast has a Lincolnshire index which is free to use, although the details require credits or a subscription.

The images are bigger and can be rotated.

http://search.findmypast.co.uk/search-world-Records/lincolnshire-baptisms

If you can give some names, dates and places, I can check if they are there and indicate the right page on LTP.

Recently, I found some records of people in an adjoining village to where they lived, even though their village had its own church.

David

Offline Edward Scott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 13:01 BST (UK) »
The last 20 pages of this set have been 'posted' incorrectly. At the bottom of the page there is a feedback option, complete this and it will probably be sorted out within a few days.

I use the site a lot and have seen this before. E-mails sent and problems fixed.

Edward
Scott - Lincolnshire
Jobson - Lincolnshire, Suffolk
Needham - Lincolnshire
Wayet - Lincolnshire

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 18:27 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all the replies.

I have Joseph Turner married Elizabeth Ferraby 18th May1791, Thomas christened 1792, George 1794, John 1797 then Martha 1808, Samuel 1812, Dorothy 1813, Eliza 1815 and Susanna 1817.

My query was going to check these just to verify them. It seems there is a big gap between John 1797 and Martha 1808.

I know that Thomas Turner served in the Napoleonic War as it is on his burial record, confirmed by his gravestone in Worlaby churchyard. I`m unsure of the birth of Joseph Turner, but I wondered if he too served in this war.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 17 May 17 07:56 BST (UK) »
Joseph Turner married Elizabeth Ferraby both of the parish on 18th May 1790
witnesses John Farnklin & Sarah Bencock

Other Baptisms at Worlaby
William 03 Mar 1791
Richard at 31 Dec 1809

Offline BillyF

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 17 May 17 09:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks Rosie, I have it as 18th May 1790, a mistake on my part when typing, have it on my tree and in my notebook. Also have baptisms of William and Richard , it`s just  the query of the large gap between John 1797 and Martha 1808 must be  for a good reason.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 17 May 17 10:06 BST (UK) »
Have you tried searching freereg to see if they were living in another parish for this period

Worlaby only has around 60 baptisms from start of 1798 to end of 1807, so 5-6 a year

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 17 May 17 10:33 BST (UK) »
Could there have been two Elizabeths?
1851 census, Worlaby (piece 2116 folio 339 page 22) has Elizabeth Turner, 72, widow, and step son Joseph Turner, 52
In 1841 Samuel and Eliza Turner were with them, I think they would be married couple, and two children.
Death in Glanford Brigg district, June 1855, Elizabeth Turner, age 78 (so born circa 1777)
She was buried Worlaby, 26th April

There's a burial at Worlaby, 22 Sep 1805, of Elizabeth Turner. Died of consumption. Does it say she was 34?? Image is of the register on its side.
John