Author Topic: Advice required re. land and property Adversane/Billingshurst.  (Read 592 times)

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad - 9 times Mayor of Arundel
    • View Profile
Advice required re. land and property Adversane/Billingshurst.
« on: Sunday 14 May 17 12:32 BST (UK) »
Great x 3 Grandfather Edward Redman, rented land from 1802-1819 from a Roger Parker, sometimes transcribed Baker or Barker.  On the Land Tax Doc. it says South Land and Trunnells, Billingshurst, sum assessed £3.15s. 4d.  Edward was a farmer.  I believe this is  actually in Adversane.  I found through google a  Southlands Farm, Stane Street, Adversane, Billingshurst, which appears to be still standing today.  I am wondering if this could be where he lived, but have no idea how to go about finding out. 

I have a list of occupiers from 1780-1832.  1780-1802 was rented by William Brockhurst, then his widow.  Parents of his first wife Hannah.  Hannah died 1802 and he took over the land.  He remarried and emigrated in 1820 after which  from 1819-1830 it was rented by the brother(?) Jesse Greenfield  of his second wife Jane Greenfield.

Any pointers as to how I proceed.  I am trying to locate details of the owner, no luck so far.
Redman, Jupp, Brockhurst of West Sussex
Moore County Down. Redman of Posey, Indiana, USA Emigrated 1820