Author Topic: It's amazing what you find  (Read 1916 times)

Online mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
It's amazing what you find
« on: Sunday 14 May 17 14:44 BST (UK) »
http://www.bosburyhistoryresource.org.uk/

I found this by accident,  if you have 10 mins to spare you might find it interesting

Parish records, list of incumbents including one where the bishop appointed his son as vicar,
Memorial inscriptions, wills, legal documents, even a list of marriages of residents in adjoining parishes,
The detail is astonishing, I found it fascinating even though it has no relevance to my family hitory

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: It's amazing what you find
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 May 17 15:54 BST (UK) »
Yes a really good read.

Wish there was a site like this for every English village.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 May 17 16:32 BST (UK) »
What an incredible gem of a site, someone has put in years of collating that information. Even though I have no family connections to this lovely village, I will certainly call in out of curiosity next time I visit family in Cheltenham. Thanks for sharing it with us all. ;D

Offline Barry Sharples

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 17 May 17 09:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you mazi for posting a note about my website. I have been filling it with facts for around ten years so now if anyone has ancestors who lived in Bosbury they can hopefully find them mentioned here. I notice RootsChat has had a fair number of Bosbury queries over the years so the village may be small but packs in the history. Perhaps when people have finished their family histories they may move on to local history and produce more resources like mine. It's all out there for collecting together and makes a great hobby. You just need to be keen on the place where you live!

Barry