Author Topic: Lintrathen Parish  (Read 1662 times)

Offline grantleydawn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My collateral ancestors
    • View Profile
Re: Lintrathen Parish
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 11:33 BST (UK) »
Sorry to digress back to the original posting.

In support of the great detective work that assumed my 1785 "Tillaysoue" evolved to be the Tillysoul in the 1841 Census.

I now have a baptism in 1787 for a lawfull daughter of Thomas HANTON & Martha DUNCAN in Tillysowle.  :)

Regards Grantley

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I HAVE edited my profile - several times!
    • View Profile
Re: Lintrathen Parish
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 11:44 BST (UK) »
Here you are Ruskie....
http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/4930/forfar-bridies--scottish-pasties-.aspx
Those are ***not*** Forfar Bridies - they have flaky pastry, and lamb instead of beef. A travesty!

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridie - I note the suggestion that "in the rest of Scotland, flaky pastry is preferred". If they're made with shortcrust in Forfar, then obviously anything not made with shortcrust isn't a Forfar bridie!
Researching

AITKENHEAD, Lanarkshire; BINNY, Forfar; BLACK, New Monkland; BRYSON, Cumbernauld; BURGESS, North-East Scotland; CRUICKSHANK, Rothes; DALLAS, Botriphnie; DAVIDSON, Oyne; GUTHRIE, Angus; HOGG, Larbert; LESLIE, Rothes/Mortlach; MENDUM, England; MOLLISON, Lethnot; PATERSON, Larbert; RHIND, Forfar; SANG, Scotland; SCOTT, East Kilbride; STOR(R)I/E/Y, Shotts; THORNTON, Shotts; WADDELL, New Monkland; WILKIE, New Monkland; WILKIE, Tannadice; WYLLIE, Angus; YOUNG, Keith

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.