Author Topic: Charles Horne and Jane Topham marriage Pentrich 1750  (Read 1615 times)

Offline Jopeg

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Charles Horne and Jane Topham marriage Pentrich 1750
« on: Monday 15 May 17 11:51 BST (UK) »
I wonder if anyone can find if there are any more details for this marriage?

I am trying to work out when Jane was born and who her parents were.
Calow Clowne, Eaton, Bott, Derbyshire, Airey, Cleasby, Cannon, Willis, North Yorkshire, Kelk, Ogley, Sharp, Gillot, Jillott, Ibberson, Littlewood, Watson, Eyre, Townend, Booth, Ambler, Hanson, Kenyon, Sellars/Sellers, Yorkshire, Skidmore, Parker, Nottinghamshire, Walker, Earl, Howard Cambridgeshire, Halden Milwich Staffordshire and Brent Pelham Hertfordshire,

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Horne and Jane Topham marriage Pentrich 1750
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 May 17 13:23 BST (UK) »
Hello
Not got access to the marriage but her burial at Pentrich
Jane Horne 19.2.1802 age 70.

There are also a Benjamin Topham born c 1735,John 1737 and William 1739 in the parish.
There are admins for various members of the Topham family.
John and William are brothers and it looks like Mathew is another family name.
Mathew Topham admin 1761 to son John .

Hope that gives a clue.

Ciderdrinker

Offline Jopeg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 May 17 14:39 BST (UK) »
That does help, some trees on Ancestry have her born in 1698 which seems unlikely for a marriage in 1750 especially as she had several children!

A birth date of 1732 seems far more likely.
Calow Clowne, Eaton, Bott, Derbyshire, Airey, Cleasby, Cannon, Willis, North Yorkshire, Kelk, Ogley, Sharp, Gillot, Jillott, Ibberson, Littlewood, Watson, Eyre, Townend, Booth, Ambler, Hanson, Kenyon, Sellars/Sellers, Yorkshire, Skidmore, Parker, Nottinghamshire, Walker, Earl, Howard Cambridgeshire, Halden Milwich Staffordshire and Brent Pelham Hertfordshire,

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 May 17 14:55 BST (UK) »
Matthew TOPHAM Married Phoebe HOUGH, 13 May 1730, St Matthew, Pentrich
(FreeREG)
Charles/Janes Marriage was 18 Dec 1751
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Jopeg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 May 17 20:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks Matthew and Phoebe do sound like a possibility.

A bit of background, I have traced this line back a good way thanks to the trees on this website http://www.spanglefish.com/pentrichrevolution/index.asp?pageid=293040 and then checking with records on ancestry.

My ancestor is Anne baptised 1705, sister to Matthew married to Phoebe, her parents were John Topham married to Jane, the pentrich site goes back two further generations as well.

Anyway...

I have a DNA match on Ancestry who according to her tree is also descended from John Topham and Jane but via their daughter (born 1698) and Charles Horne.

Well the Jane born in 1698 was clearly not married to Charles Horne, but clearly we have some connection as proved by the DNA match (yes it was very distant) but I would like to contact this person with the correct connection, rather than say "hi we have a DNA match but your tree is wrong".

So Matthew and Phoebe didn't have a daughter called Jane according to the Pentrich tree but their is a gap between children that she could easily fit into in fact slightly odd that they would not have children for five years after marrying in those days.

There is also an unnamed female Topham born to Elizabeth Walters and John Topham in 1731.

I do have a couple of wills, will reread to see if I have missed anything.

In the meantime any more details on the marriage - probably not...

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 08:01 BST (UK) »
I doubt there were any more details on the Marriage, if so, they would be noted on the FreeREG entry which is taken from Parish Records.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Jopeg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 18 May 17 12:20 BST (UK) »
I can't find any marriage for John Topham and Elizabeth Walters - any ideas?