Author Topic: Do you know any ex-employees of Schrafft's in New York?  (Read 427 times)

Offline Beezy4

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Do you know any ex-employees of Schrafft's in New York?
« on: Monday 15 May 17 20:43 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace my great-aunt Angela, who emigrated to New York from County Fermanagh in 1949. I believe she may have worked as a waitress at one of the branches of Schrafft's in the 1950s/60s. If you know anyone who used to work there, could you please ask them if they remember her and PM me with any info?

I imagine she is now deceased, but I can't be certain so I don't want to post any identifying information just in case. But she would have been around 40 in 1960, and she had blonde hair.

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Do you know any ex-employees of Schrafft's in New York?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 13:41 BST (UK) »
Are you able to get an exact date of birth for her?  If you did, the Social Security death index could be searched with just a first name and a date of birth, in case she is listed under a married name.

Finding her on a passenger list might also be helpful.  There are some on www.familysearch.org

Offline Beezy4

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Do you know any ex-employees of Schrafft's in New York?
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 22:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks Shelley. Unfortunately we've tried that and she doesn't appear in the death indexes. There were a few potential leads, but they all turned out to be dead ends. Her name does appear on the passenger list of a ship travelling from Liverpool to NY in 1949, but as luck would have it Ellis Island misplaced the arrival records for that three-month period! So we're a bit stumped at the moment.