Author Topic: Marriage between John Pilcher & Joan Hepden of Burwash abt 1600  (Read 553 times)

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage between John Pilcher & Joan Hepden of Burwash abt 1600
« on: Tuesday 16 May 17 03:36 BST (UK) »
Based on a will of one of Joan/Jone's brothers she married John Pilcher.  Based on my calculations a possible marriage around 1600 although Joan was baptised in 1576.

I located some baptisms in Burwash beginning in Sept 1601 however there may have been earlier births/baptisms so unsure. 

I havent as yet located a will for John to be able to determine if the baptisms are compatible.

Hoping for some assistance.

Westy

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage between John Pilcher & Joan Hepden of Burwash abt 1600
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 08:20 BST (UK) »
The only baptism for a child of John earlier than 1600 is Elizabeth in 1587/88.  As is usual at that time there is no indication of mother's name and I cannot see a marriage for this couple on the Sussex Marriage Index.
John Pilcher married Katherine Collyn in Burwash in 1586 so they may be the parents of Elizabeth.
NB    Catherine Pilcher was buried on 13th August 1590 and an unnamed and unbaptised son of John Pilcher buried on 8th August 1590.

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage between John Pilcher & Joan Hepden of Burwash abt 1600
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 08:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sillgen.  I think its going to be a difficult one but that may be more to do with my skills.

Westy