Author Topic: Elizabeth WREN, nee SHEPHERD/SHEPPARD, 1753 -1837, Hants, Wilts  (Read 904 times)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Elizabeth WREN, nee SHEPHERD/SHEPPARD, 1753 -1837, Hants, Wilts
« on: Tuesday 16 May 17 05:50 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth SHEPHERD was baptised at 16 July 1753 at Portsmouth (from IGI).  She was one of 10 children born to Nathaniel and Sarah SHEPHERD. (Spelling varies within documents for this family SHEPHERD/SHEPPARD/SHEPHARD)

She died as Elizabeth WREN, December 18th 1837, aged 84 years and is buried at Chicklade, Wilts where she was probably living with her brother-in-law, John DYER.

I don't think there were any living children as the bequests in her will are for nieces and nephews.

I would like to find her marriage.  Of course, it's possible that she may have married prior to marrying Mr WREN, but I can't see a suitable marriage to a male of surname WREN.

I have very good information about most of the others of her family.  Members of this family were involved in the Royal Navy, both sea-going and administrators.  However I have no evidence that Elizabeth had any naval connections.  (She is not the wife of a Joseph WREN, gunner who was alive at around the same time)

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth WREN, nee SHEPHERD/SHEPPARD, 1753 -1837, Hants, Wilts
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 08:54 BST (UK) »
She was baptized at a Presbyterian Church witnesses present Mrs. Shepherd the Aunt and Mrs. Reeks?

It will be harder to find as many non conformist records are not online

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 09:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks, amondg.  I think I'm losing it  ::)  i fear I have already asked about this lady before and you kindly answered then!

Thanks, anyway. I still can't see a marriage for her though. :(
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 14:33 BST (UK) »
 :-\   :-\
Marriage 23 Sep 1821
Place   MICHELMARSH, Hampshire
Benjamin Wren
Elisabeth Shepherd
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk