Author Topic: Derry/Londonderry board / Dickson family tree Garvagh  (Read 2420 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Derry/Londonderry board / Dickson family tree Garvagh
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 17 May 17 08:24 BST (UK) »
My Grandmother was nee Mary Glass who died after giving birth to my father 28/07/28...she originated from Cah/Gorran and her mothers maiden name was Cunningham..i don't know where James and Isabella cunningham were buried ??

Aghadowey Presbyterian Church-
26 Oct.1876, James Glass, farmer, Croghandolg, son of Rob ert Glass, farmer, to Isabella Cunningham, farmer, Caw, daughter of Alex Cunningham, farmer.

Baptisms- children of James & Isabella
Annie Jane born 26 May 1878, bapt. 15 Aug.1878
Rebecca Cunningham born 3 Dec.1882, bapt, 4 July 1883
Jas born 13 June 1888, bapt. 4 Feb.1891
Mary born 13 Jan,1897, bapt. 9 Nov.1897

Coleraine Chonicle, 3 May 1873: GLASS- At Crockindolg, near Garvagh, on the 22nd ult,, Mr. Robert Glass, farmer, aged 88

www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/Glenkeen/Crockandollagh/1520198
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Glenkeen/Crockindollagh/591274

Aghadowey Presbyterian Church: GLASS- In loving memory of James Alexander Glass who died 6 December 1957
[was in his late sixties when he died, a carpenter in early life, worked in Scotland, returned home and bought the holding & flaxmill from the Wallace family (mill destroyed by fire 1948)]
Glass James Alexander of Crockindollagh Garvagh county Londonderry farmer died 6 December 1957 Probate Londonderry 14 October to Jeannie Glass widow of testator. Effects £1180 3s.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Erica Montgomery

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Derry/Londonderry board / Dickson family tree Garvagh
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 17 May 17 12:27 BST (UK) »
this is great thank you , I always wondered where James and Isabella were buried . Are you able to retrieve Mary Dicksons nee Glass obituary from the paper archives anywhere ?? im living in South Wales now so cant get access to the one my friend had retrieved for me years ago .. it described the funeral cortege having lots of flowers ... ??