Author Topic: Christening of John Hurst  (Read 524 times)

Offline wisteria16

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Christening of John Hurst
« on: Wednesday 17 May 17 09:45 BST (UK) »
Hi,
     Could anyone visiting Wigston Magna Records Office kindly do a search in the Bishops Transcripts for me?  The person that I am looking for is John Hurst Christened on 2nd Feb. 1777 at Wigston Magna but the parents are missing on the Parish register - hope that the Bishops Transcripts may give the missing info.  Many thanks to anyone that can help.
wisteria16

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline willsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Christening of John Hurst
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 May 17 21:24 BST (UK) »
Am chasing Hursts in Wigston too, am stuck on John and Anne's for that time period as parents, have

CHARLES HURST
19th. August. 1789
Wigston Magna.
Father:- John Hurst
Mother:- Anne

My Charles marries Lucy....probably Dixon in Stowmarket. Have Charles's history in Leicester but a gap in children, after a son is baptised in Wigston 1810, has left me puzzled along with him being in Stowmarket!

Just wondered if we are looking at the same people; good luck with John.
Willsy

Ward, Newark (Nottingham), Leicester, Scarborough
Warren, Northampton, Leicester
Moore, Leicestershire
Hunt, Leicestershire
Kirkman, Leicestershire
Hurst, Leicester, Stowmarket
Kendrick, Leicestershire
Eld, Leicestershire
Essex Edey/Eady Elsden/Elsdon

Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright from National Archives

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline wisteria16

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Christening of John Hurst
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 May 17 08:39 BST (UK) »
Hi willsy,
     I have looked at my records for the Hurst family and for the possible siblings of John Hurst.  I think that your Charles it may be a different family as the Charles in my family was Christened 4th November 1776 at Wigston Magna, but I'm not 100% sure that he is a sibling.  The reason I'm looking  for the parents of John is because they are not on the Parish Register so thought that the Bishops Transcripts might help. I know that there are several 'Hurst'  families and they are using the same Christian names (which doesn't help a lot).
wisteria16