Author Topic: Burial Registers, 'Old' St Andrews Church, Kingsbury?  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Burial Registers, 'Old' St Andrews Church, Kingsbury?
« on: Thursday 18 May 17 19:22 BST (UK) »

Would anyone on here know... the location of the Burial Registers for 'Old' St Andrews Church, Kingsbury? The time scale that I am looking for is the 1930's:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_St_Andrew%27s_Church,_Kingsbury

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Burial Registers, 'Old' St Andrews Church, Kingsbury?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 May 17 22:43 BST (UK) »
They should be at the LMA and online at Ancestry under Holy Innocents or Saint Andrew.

There's an explanation in the LMA catalogue for Saint Andrew Kingsbury ref DRO/028
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 May 17 09:26 BST (UK) »

Many Thanks Dawn for the Links, - much appreciated.

I am still trying to definately locate the Burials of my Grandparents, William James and Margaret Wilson in 1934 and 1938.

I've Posted about this on here previously:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01k4n/

Ancestry has these Burials at St Andrews, Kingsbury.

However, I have recently been in touch with the Vicar there, who has searched for their graves with no success. I am now wondering if in fact Margaret Wilson, who was Buried on the 3rd February 1934, was Buried in the graveyard of the 'Old' St Andrews, as the 'New' Church wasn't officially opened until October 1934. It would also seem likely that William James Wilson would have been Buried beside her when he was Buried on the 3rd January 1938. There just doesn't seem to be any way of verifying this:-(

Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 19 May 17 09:51 BST (UK) »
you could be onto something

https://www.brent.gov.uk/media/3023979/St%20Andrews%20Old%20Church%20-%20Kingsbury.pdf

the churchyard was still being used during WW2

Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 19 May 17 11:35 BST (UK) »

Thanks Dawn. Yes, - I'm pretty certain that they must be in the 'Old' Graveyard...

It's a shame that the Burial Records are so incomplete, but I've come across this problem before in different parts of the country, and so St Andrews isn't unique in this respect. It's just particularly frustrating for me, because I've spent so long trying to pin down William James Wilson! (I've never been able to find a Birth for him, or to find him anywhere at all before his Marriage in 1893). A Gravestone with some details on for him would have been a wonderful find! (I think that's why I've persisted in trying to find his burial).

Romilly ::)
Researching: