Author Topic: Alfred and Annie Harris's Children  (Read 2183 times)

Offline margill68

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alfred and Annie Harris's Children
« on: Friday 19 May 17 04:06 BST (UK) »
Hi to everyone
I am looking for children born to Alfred and Annie Harris (Curtin) married St John's Church Wellington NSW in 1879
Annie Harris died in 1888/2595 at Callan Park Asylum and children listed as living on her DC are William, Annie, Frederick and Helena and one dec'd female not named
I would appreciate any help

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Alfred and Annie Harris's Children
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 May 17 04:24 BST (UK) »
If those children were born in NSW, then likely the registered births will be on the free to search NSW BDM indexes at the following link :

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history/family-history.aspx 

I would expect the order the names show on that death certificate will indicate William as the eldest then living, through to Helena as the youngest then living.

NSW BDM recently adjusted their search options and you can now determine the actual date of an event, not just the year. 

Fingers crossed,

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline margill68

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 May 17 04:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks I will look them up.  I think that they may have been born in or around Sydney

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 May 17 12:11 BST (UK) »
All births in Sydney:

1880 Eliza NEWTOWN
1881 Alfred W PETERSHAM
1883 Annie LIVERPOOL
1885 Frederick WATERLOO
1887 Helena ST PETERS

Deaths:
1886 Eliza ST PETERS
1933 Alfred W YOUNG
1940 Frederick ANNANDALE
1975 Helena ROGERS 

Marriage:
1908 Frederick to Florence CANTERBURY
1911 Helena to Henry C Rogers CANTERBURY

Notices for Frederick is difficult to read on the page, so typed up here:

Tuesday, 12 November 1940
HARRIS.- November 11, 1940, at his residence. 55 Albion Street, Annandale, Frederick, beloved husband of Florence Harris and loving father of Frederick, Marjorie (Mrs. Sturt), Vivian (Mrs. Murphy),
and Douglas, aged 55 years.

HARRIS.—The relatives and friends of Mrs. Florence Harris and family are invited to attend the Funeral of their beloved husband and father, Frederick Harris, of 55 Albion Street, Annandale; which will leave our Chapel, 172 Redfern Street, Redfern, this afternoon, after service at 1.30, for the Methodist Cemetery, Moorefields.

Cemetery location: http://www2.canterbury.nsw.gov.au/history/cemetery/moorefields/alpha/241.htm

Alfred W interred at Young Cemetery: Harris Alfred W 1880 4 September 1933 53   son/Alfred & Annie Young NSW RC

Helena Rogers Death notice 25-12-1974 Death 87 late of Revesby Sydney Morning Herald

Possible for hubby of Helena: Henry Charles Rogers Death notice 7-8-1972 Death 85 late of Revesby Sydney Morning Herald 8-8-1972

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline margill68

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 19 May 17 22:48 BST (UK) »
Thank You Jamjar for all that information

I found this death for Alfred W at Young
Death of a Well Known Showman
It has him a resident of Kingsgrove Canterbury
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article12559998

I am still looking for daughter Annie and hope the parish records for Alfred and Annie's MC may have more information about their dad Alfred

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 20 May 17 02:05 BST (UK) »
What information do you have on Alfred Snr?

There are Alfred's buried at Moorfields: http://www2.canterbury.nsw.gov.au/history/cemetery/moorefields/fulllist.htm

1902 Alfred Harris parents Alfred and Sarah CANTERBURY

Also, there is a In Memoriam for an Alfred, in 1903, by daughter Annie, first column: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article14581413

This possibly his father who is at Moorfields: 1907 Alfred Harris parents Alfred and Eliza CANTERBURY

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline margill68

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 20 May 17 02:36 BST (UK) »
All that I know about father Alfred Harris is from the 1879 MC at Wellington NSW. It does not list parents or place of birth.  Just his occupation as Brick maker and usual residence of Maryland.  I have sent for the parish records but have not heard yet.  I think I may get the birth for eldest child Eliza 1880/5414 and hope.

Thanks for the article it could very well be Alfred but I need a bit more information about him.

Offline margill68

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 25 May 17 07:06 BST (UK) »
Hi again
I now have some information for the children's father Alfred Harris from his daughter Eliza BC 1880.  It has him 20 years old, brick maker and born Kiama NSW. A very young couple as Annie his wife is 16 years old

8399/1859 Harris Alfred
Father Alfred Mother Sarah reg'd Kiama

Information about Alfred's mother and father would be appreciated
Thank you

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 25 May 17 09:55 BST (UK) »
1945/1858 Alfred Harris to Sarah Wood KIAMA

Have a look at births from 1859 to 1877. If Clara is your Alfred' sister, then the connection is made to those at the above cemetery, as Clara is buried there with father. Grace and Mary there, also.

See BDM - Possible brother buried at Woronora:
Henry Harris
8 December 1935
Burial: Anglican Monumental - Section Ag - 0299

Another brother, John Thomas at Rookwood: http://www.rootschat.com/links/01k5c/

Notices, 3rd and 8th column:  http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article18135355

J.