Author Topic: Gedmatch database  (Read 4079 times)

Offline juleznz

• RootsChat Member
  • who am i
    • View Profile
Gedmatch database
« on: Saturday 20 May 17 07:14 BST (UK) »
Hi can we plz have a forum post for people to post their Gedmatch result kit numbers (as in the top permanent links for this forum)..Great thing about gedmatch doesnt matter who you tested with its free to upload and get matches unlike paid subscription sites
Thanks
BIXLEY- any
SALT -Staffordshire eng
CRESSWELL -Nelson NZ Cornwall Eng

BROWN-England-Gisborne NZ Whaling connection
Scotland Interests
Fife- Fortune,Mason,Motion,Gray,
Fenwick and Loundoun Parishes-HOWIE/WYLIE/YOUNG/WOODBURN/MITCHEL
USA/British America interests
HOWLAND/VANSICKLE/TILLEY/LOTHROPP/COBB
 Canada ---MOLLARD-
,SIGGLEKOW/SCHWASS-Nelson NZ,

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gedmatch database
« Reply #1 on: Friday 26 May 17 13:56 BST (UK) »
Do what I have done and add it to your signature  :)
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline juleznz

• RootsChat Member
  • who am i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 May 17 23:49 BST (UK) »
Good Idea  :)
BIXLEY- any
SALT -Staffordshire eng
CRESSWELL -Nelson NZ Cornwall Eng

BROWN-England-Gisborne NZ Whaling connection
Scotland Interests
Fife- Fortune,Mason,Motion,Gray,
Fenwick and Loundoun Parishes-HOWIE/WYLIE/YOUNG/WOODBURN/MITCHEL
USA/British America interests
HOWLAND/VANSICKLE/TILLEY/LOTHROPP/COBB
 Canada ---MOLLARD-
,SIGGLEKOW/SCHWASS-Nelson NZ,

Offline Spike H

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 28 May 17 23:23 BST (UK) »

David,
I had to lower the limit to get a match with you. My sister and I both match you on Chr13 start-109 end-111. The matches I have in that segment could possibly be of Scottish ancestry. If not they have to be Cornish. I have two other matches with you that have to be either background as well. Does this fit in with what you know?
I also have a kit not related to me that has an 8.1cM match on Chr17 that is probably 100% Irish.
UK: Lee, Swift
CON: Davey, Harding, Hocking, Rule, Whinnen
AUST: McIntosh

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 29 May 17 12:27 BST (UK) »
Yes, I have both strong Scottish and Cornish backgrounds

Muirhead , Mutrie line in Midlothian. Some Gentles/Poe/Orr as well

Cornwall is Jenkin/s the S added in SA. Tressider, Gill, Wills, Pascoe, Bishop

Most of both of these lines are back to late 1790s to early 1800s. ie Jenkin/s into Adelaide by 1851. Muirheads the same as well as the Gentle side into Victoria/Yambuk

There is also a Thomas/Collings that ironically married into the Gentles Scottish side

Funny thing is the Hocking in your list could be related to my son on my wifes side

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Scott, Cronin

Offline Spike H

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 29 May 17 23:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks David,
Given that our connection is small and so far back it could be any of the Cornish names you mention. I have most of them but none as main lines. Speaking of irony, Robert McIntosh was my Scot. Somehow he was in Cornwall in the 1861 census, married a local and headed out to Australia. He and his forebears and Cornwall make up my mother's entire ancestry.
My Hockings are a quite specific line. William H and Sarah Johns came out here in 1858 with seven of their nine sons. There is a Hocking Descendants Society if your son is interested.

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 30 May 17 00:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks Spike

My son connects to  Hocking through Richard Thomas Kneebone and Elizabeth Jane Hocking. Elizabeth from Cambourne and Richard from Gwennap.

Then as far as I am able to find  Richard then married a niece or sister of Elizabeth. Or may have just been a random Hocking.

Scott, Cronin

Offline Jean Price

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 30 May 17 01:59 BST (UK) »
Hello Julenz,

I am obviously missing something here. If you and I have a "match" then it will appear on my list of matches at Gedmatch.
I may be lazy - well, okay, I am lazy - but why should I go through a list of names and kit numbers here on RootsChat, when it has already been done for me on Gedmatch.
I am not getting at you - there are many forums where the same question is asked, or where the list exists and can be added to. I just don't see why.
Thank you
Jean ( a fellow NZer)
Fawcett, Down; Gibson, Ayrshire and Tasmania; James, Cornwall and Victoria Aus; Cox, Northamptonshire, Thomas, Gloucestershire; Albury, Berkshire,

Offline Spike H

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 30 May 17 11:45 BST (UK) »
Jean,
I probably agree with you about the usefulness of such a list of kit numbers on a general forum like this. Maybe if pinned to a more targeted Board such as Cornwall or even NZ, there could be some value.
I assume one of the forums you are referring to with such a list is the DNA Aust/NZ Facebook Group (I think I've seen your name in the members list). I can't see much point in people with new kits on GEDmatch calling out their numbers or anyone else responding. Surely they would find each other anyways.