Author Topic: Frank Porteus died 1991 in au. I am his first born Barbara in York England. Curi  (Read 2614 times)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
Re: Frank Porteus died 1991 in au. I am his first born Barbara in York England. Curi
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 20 May 17 23:25 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Another thread on rootschat by user Thornwood
There is lots of info on the thread, including a funeral notice link that includes family (children)
I just googled his name and top answer was this thread on rootschat http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=765530.0

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/126926381 funeral notice and family
Kind Regards
Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Frank Porteus died 1991 in au. I am his first born Barbara in York England. Curi
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 20 May 17 23:27 BST (UK) »
Marjorie was 45 when they sailed to Sydney on the 13 May 1949 so possibly too old to have children.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 20 May 17 23:30 BST (UK) »
Just seen your reply Cell - so there could be one child unless she is Marjorie's daughter from her first marriage. She didn't go out to Australia at the same time though.

Just thinking if Marjorie died in 1992 and grandchildren and great grandchildren are mentioned, a daughter born after they went to Australia would only be 43, is that old enough for several great grandchildren?

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 20 May 17 23:44 BST (UK) »
Hi seems Thornwood is next door  neighbour  to Op's family or the OP. The other thread is very recent, maybe an idea to put a link in the other thread  to this one too.
Kind regards
Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 20 May 17 23:47 BST (UK) »
Cell,

"seems Thornwood is next door  neighbour  to Op's family"

Do you think?

I'm not convinced as (s)he would already have the info. being asked & given  ???

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Thornwood

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Not quite sure what you mean Rosinish, or have I misunderstood your comment. My next door neighbour is the niece of Frank Porteus, she was only just born when Frank left to go to Australua. Her mother always told her that she had never heard from him after he left. She grew up knowing nothing about him.  She was recently widowed and I think it focuses the mind on our mortality and our need to know about family.  I was able to find out so much for her with the help of Rootschatters. It now looks as if there is a cousin who wishes to make contact, whether she decides to go ahead with this or not will be her decision.
Regards. Thornwood

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Hi Thornwood,

I thought Cell meant OP's 'family' as in siblings rather than wider family as in relatives so it was me who misunderstood  ::)

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Cruise6liner6

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wish to thank all the folks who helped me in my search. Thankfully I now have all relevant info I required. Grateful thanks to each and everyone on site. Wonderful!
Regards