Author Topic: Robert Hillyer  (Read 691 times)

Offline Valerie A Newman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert Hillyer
« on: Saturday 20 May 17 22:59 BST (UK) »
Morning all,
I have a son Richard Hillyer( the spellings may vary) Chr. 8th August 1799 and parents named Robert Hillyer and Ann Roberts. I cannot find a marriage record for them. Is there one ?
Also a son Richard Chr. (8th  August )1803 to Robert Hillyer and wife Ann Palmer. Are their parents mentioned on their wedding record. Married 4th / 14th February 1803
Any suggestions welcome
Thank you
 Val Newman

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Hillyer
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 May 17 23:10 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately - marriage entries for that period contain very little really useful info which may help to advance your research.  This is a rough guide to what you can expect.

Fathers names were not shown on marriage entries prior to 1.7.1837 which is the date when Civil Registration was introduced.  Mothers names are never shown on English marriage certs

Occupations were not shown

All you will get will be on the lines of the following - some of which you may already know

Names, date and venue

Spinster/bachelor - or widow/widower
Age = Full (over 21yrs) or Minor (under 21yrs)
Of this parish (OTP) - does not necessarily mean they were both born in that parish - just that they satisfied the short residential qualifying time required to enable them to marry there (approx 3wks)

The name and signature of the person marrying them plus the signatures of the 2 witnesses (occasionally more than 2 witnesses but not usual)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Valerie A Newman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Hillyer
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 May 17 23:19 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your help. Seems I have come to a full stop
 Val