Author Topic: Death certificates for five John Johnston(e)s + others (Lanark 1873 - 1878)  (Read 1488 times)

Offline hiraethu

• RootsChat Extra
  • Mary (Johnston) Alexander (Oct 1845 - Oct 1934)
    • View Profile
In a fit of desperation tonight I downloaded six death certificates from ScotlandsPeople for John Johnston(e) in hopes of finding my 3x great grandfather. Of course the very last one was the one for me, and not a case of 'it's the last one because I stopped searching' it was literally the last one  ::)

Anyway, if you want the death certificate for the following just send me a PM. Hope it's okay to post them in one go, I didn't want to flood the board with five separate entries.

JOHNSTON, JOHN - age at death 67 - year of death 1873 - ref 644/4 150 - reg district Calton (Glasgow)
- a hand loom weaver married to Susan Grant, parents unknown, widow as witness

JOHNSTON, JOHN - age at death 72 - year of death 1875 - ref 644/3 178 - reg district Dennistoun
- clock maker married to Margaret Mackie, father Richard Johnston (farmer) mother Agnes (nee unknown), daughter Jannet Cambridge (?) as witness

JOHNSTON, JOHN - age at death 70 - year of death 1876 - ref 644/9 787 - reg district Kelvin
- an assistant undertaker, first married to Margaret (can't make out), second to Cecilia (can't make out), father James Johnston (shepherd) mother Agnes Newall (?)

JOHNSTONE, JOHN - age at death 67 - year of death 1873 - ref 644/1 632 - reg district Glasgow Central District
- a pauper formerly (cannot make out), widower of Agnes Craig, father William Johnston (weaver) mother unknown Johnston nee Pollock

JOHNSTONE, JOHN - age at death 73 - year of death 1878 - ref 644/13 520 - reg district Tradeston
- very difficult to make out this one, so if you want it let me know and I'll ask for a rescan. An engineer possibly, married twice 1st possibly a Margaret Picken, 2nd possibly Janet Gray, father was a blacksmith mother Jane Laing (?), witness son Andrew Johnston
Wales - Moses, Morgan, James, Williams, Thomas, Miles, Davies [South]
Isle of Man - Mylchreest, Kneale, Clague, Callister, Cowin, Oates, Kelly, Gelling, Cubbon, Comish, Gell, Harrison, Costain [South]
Scotland - Alexander, Johnston, Scotland, Muirhead, Dow, Forrest [Central]
Ireland - Alexander, Morrison, Gallaugher, McCrabb, Smyth [Ulster]
Canada - Alexander, Mylchreest [Manitoba, BC]
USA - Alexander [North/Northeast]