Author Topic: Hacconby - Tinsley  (Read 1655 times)

Offline anniecat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hacconby - Tinsley
« Reply #9 on: Monday 22 May 17 14:36 BST (UK) »
Thank you all again for your thoughts, suggestions and interest.

I am interested in wills and do have the will of John and Mary's son John (who died in Rippingale in 1766 or 1767 - no burial record found but will dated December 1766).  I will definitely see if I can locate wills of other family members to see if they can shed further light on the family.  I believe, however, the only sons to gain adulthood were John and Robert (both cordwainers/shoemakers).

I sad earlier - incorrectly - that all John and Mary's children were baptsed at Hacconby.  Robert, the first born, was in 1711/12, but the next five children were baptsed at Morton (1713 - 1722) before the final four were baptised in Hacconby (1724 - 1730 [a second Robert]).  The settlement certificate in 1718 surely is this family though they don't seem to have settled in Grantham.  Might settlement have been refused?  If that settlement certificate summary has been found, I think it means that there won't be an earlier one to be found for John Tinsley coming to Hacconby and I can abandon hope of one still existing (if it ever did).

I do think that my John is likely to be the son of Robert and baptsed in Coningsby in 1687, but I can't put it more definitely than that.  I am also interested in the existence of Frieston in Caythorpe parish, but that is also some distance from Coningsby and not an obvious migration route, I would have thought.

Thank you again for your support.  I will continue looking!

Judith