Author Topic: Date and age guesses please for this little Girl  (Read 5286 times)

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Date and age guesses please for this little Girl
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 23 May 17 10:11 BST (UK) »
I would guess 6-7 years old. I'm not positive on a date, sorry.
It's so sad when you don't know who they are. I hope you find her  :)

Thanks for your input a-l.  It's good to get a consensus.   We think we know which family she is from, I just need to try and find a match now with dates and age.

Caz
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 23 May 17 10:12 BST (UK) »
I would think the date is c1900-1905.

Thanks Jebber, that would be my pick too based on other photos I have around that era, but it's always good to get confirmation.

Caz
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 23 May 17 10:14 BST (UK) »
My Jayne Shrimpton book has a similar photo dated 1900-1906 - as Jebber's dates.

Gadget

Well hello stranger!  :)  How have you been?  Must be years since we last "spoke"!  Hope you are doing well.

The more confirmation of the dates the better, so thanks for taking the time to respond!  :)

Caz

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 23 May 17 10:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Caz,

I thought about 7 years old too, before I saw the other opinions. Not sure about the date though.
Lovely photo of a pretty little girl, good luck finding her.

If you ever change your avatar I will cry.  Never fails to make me smile, plus I know it's my ole WAI buddy!  ;D  Speaking of which, I had some put aside to post, went on holidays and now I can't find them.  ???  I'll keep looking though, I must have bunched them up with ones we've done.  ::)

Thanks for another confirmation of the age. Madly scouring the tree, but nothing so far.

Caz

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 23 May 17 10:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Cazza,  ;D

I couldn't resist this little sweetie either,

Yvonne

I had a feeling you'd like this one too, she's a cracker isn't she, and so is the job you've done!   8) Many thanks Yvonne.  Feel free to do any pics I post, I've got so much on the go all help gratefully received!   :)

Caz

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 23 May 17 10:21 BST (UK) »
Can't really help with the dating except to add that apparently Vert and Co started operating in 1896.

I think she looks about 6-7 too, gorgeous girl and photo.

Thank you also Maddy for your input.  That makes it unanimous!   Now if only a 6-7 year old girl born after the turn of the century would conveniently jump out of my tree for me, that would be amazing!  ;D

Caz

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 23 May 17 18:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Caz,

I thought about 7 years old too, before I saw the other opinions. Not sure about the date though.
Lovely photo of a pretty little girl, good luck finding her.

If you ever change your avatar I will cry.  Never fails to make me smile, plus I know it's my ole WAI buddy!  ;D  Speaking of which, I had some put aside to post, went on holidays and now I can't find them.  ???  I'll keep looking though, I must have bunched them up with ones we've done.  ::)

Thanks for another confirmation of the age. Madly scouring the tree, but nothing so far.

Caz

Caz, I intend to keep good old "Del Boy" as my avatar, if I ever change my mind I will give you plenty of warning and send you a big box of tissues  ;D.

Looking forward to another batch of WAI's, I'm sure lots of others are too.

As the photographer is in Dudley, does this narrow your search down at all (Dudley is just up the road from me).

Jool
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline ymfoster

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 23 May 17 23:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Cazza,  ;D

I couldn't resist this little sweetie either,

Yvonne

I had a feeling you'd like this one too, she's a cracker isn't she, and so is the job you've done!   8) Many thanks Yvonne.  Feel free to do any pics I post, I've got so much on the go all help gratefully received!   :)

Caz

You're very welcome Caz,  ;D

we don't get many good scans to work on these days,

Yvonne
Restorers may use my restores to colour, acknowledgement appreciated.

Mostly England - <br />Walne Nfk - Argent Barritt Hammond Sfk - Asprey Comber Cribb Gundrey Higgs Plaw Sewell Sumption Sry - Baldwin Bull Nth -  Brumfield Dufty London Wor -  Calverley Greenhalgh Lan - Dodson Stainsby NRY - Denison WRY - Whittle Yks - Dormer Mdx - Felmingham Eng - Grecian Nbl -  Hayse Mass US - Jenner Ounstead Weeding Ssx - McDonald Skye - Campbell McIndoe McMillan Inv - Window Gls

Online brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 24 May 17 17:15 BST (UK) »
lovely picture tho i would have put her at 9 or 10
i'm quite good at guessing ages of modern children but bonnets confuse me too .
could it be dressing for a confirmation or a bridesmaid ?
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson