Author Topic: Possible NPE?  (Read 1523 times)

Offline JSGenealogy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Possible NPE?
« on: Wednesday 24 May 17 03:56 BST (UK) »
There may have been NPE in my tree with a Great-Great Grandfather on the Maternal side.

Many years ago My Grandpa First Cousin told his Aunt that her Father (My 2nd Great-Grandfather) Real Father was someone else. She got mad and kick him out.

Based on my research and findings I have to kind of wondered if it was true at times.

My 2nd Great-Grandfather father died either when he was 4 days old or several months befoe. Some places say he died a whole 3 Years before Four days after the birth of his Brother. We can find very little information on his father. we can not find a Death record and we are not sure exactly where he died and where he buried as there conflict information within out Family branch.

Though this DNA Match on My Grandpa Matches (they are also on His Mother and shows up on his first Cousin once removed) which I had never really paid much attention to until last week. This person had s a high DNA match with my Great-Grandmother (On Gedmatch it shows 151 CM with highly likely on ancestry)

Me and this User of have exchanged several Messages past few days. It was her Husband who took the Test before he died. her Husband Tree does not have surnames from Great-Grandmother Paternal Side. He also has relatives (including Great-Grandfather) who came to my State 5 years before my Great-Great grandfather was born in the same state.

I wonder how there a way to prove or disprove NPE that far back in the tree.

Another thing there are no Matches on Mine, Grandpa, Great-grandmother or Grandpa First Cousin Once Removed with the surname of 2nd great-Grandfather on their tree.

Offline JSGenealogy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Possible NPE?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 May 17 18:35 BST (UK) »
Anybody?

Offline Jean Price

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 May 17 22:38 BST (UK) »
Perhaps it is because we are confused about the relationships.

Your 2 G Grandfather died either 4 days after or several months before WHO was born.

Are you able to find the dates for these two people?

Jean
Fawcett, Down; Gibson, Ayrshire and Tasmania; James, Cornwall and Victoria Aus; Cox, Northamptonshire, Thomas, Gloucestershire; Albury, Berkshire,

Offline familydar

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 26 May 17 11:40 BST (UK) »
I think we're all struggling with the relationships, but the nub of it (I think) is that you wonder whether autosomal DNA testing can help you solve the mystery of whether your 3xG Grandmother had children by only her husband, or perhaps with someone else too, and if she did, who that mystery man might have been.

The answer is that it will be able to give you some pretty strong indicators, but only if the right people test.

Don't get fixated on your own family surnames.  If your distant relative gave birth to a child by someone other than her husband, that mystery man very likely fathered other children (I think you suspect the DNA match you speak of falls into this category), and with luck some of them might even have been legitimate and given his surname.  You've given no indication that you know what that might be, whether a family member or otherwise.

You presumably have matches with people you know are descended from your known line and you also have the one you suspect goes back to the same unknown man.  Investigate your DNA "hits" with people who DON'T match your known ancestry, do any of them also match the one you've written about?  Do any of them have men in the right place at the right time?  They might even turn out to be descended from your 3xGGM's  husband's line  ;D

And don't give up.  More people are testing all the time.

best wishes
Jane :-)

ALLEN
BARR, BARRATT, BERRY, BRADLEY,BRAMLEY,BRISTOW,BROWN,BUGBIRD,BUTLER
CAIN,CARR,CHAPMAN,CHARLES,CH*LTON,CHESTER,COCKETT
COLLASON,COLLYER,CORKERY
DARLING, DENYER,DICKERSON,DOLLING,DURBAN
FARMER,FURNELL
GIBSON,GILES,GROOMBRIDGE
HALL,HAMBIDGE,HARMES,HART,HICKS,HILL,HOLLOWAY
JACKSON
K*AT*S
LANCASTER,LINTON
MCDONALD,MCFADEN,MEARS,MILLARD
NICOLAS,NOAK,NORTH
PARFIT,PORTER
RIPPINGALE,ROBINS
SEARLE,SPENCER,STEDHAM
TYLER,TILLY,TUCKWELL
WADE,WAGER,WALKER,WATSON,WEBB,WITHRINGTON,WOOD

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 26 May 17 12:28 BST (UK) »
It might be easier to follow and comprehend if you give names rather than saying "my great great grandfather" "cousin's second cousin" etc..... I'm afraid this is very confusing for us as we have no idea who you are referring to.

Set out the known facts in a time line, with names and dates and add any speculation after the facts, and it may make your relationships easier to understand.